HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   !!! Last years bruiser is back, check out these PICS!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/146158-last-years-bruiser-back-check-out-these-pics.html)

Buck Magnet 06-26-2006 12:49 PM

!!! Last years bruiser is back, check out these PICS!!!

Hey guys,

I have had my feeder out in my back yard again and finally decided to get off my lazy butt and put my camera over it to see what kind of bucks are still in the area. Well, I was pleasently suprised at the picture I got last night.

As some of you may remember, last year I had a wide 10 point visiting my feeder non-stop through July. I actually got this picture of himin theend ofJuneof last year...

Here is the same buck at the end of July of last year....

And here is the same buck last night, he seems to have longer tines and main beams than last year. I am very anxious to see how he looks in another month or so. This buck and I have some history together and I came close to putting my tag in his ear last year on several occassions but he always stayed one step ahead of me.

ropedawg 06-26-2006 12:53 PM

RE: !!! Last years bruiser is back, check out these PICS!!!

that's a good buck hope you get his butt.

PA Bow/Flinter 06-26-2006 01:01 PM

Yup...thats a buck alright:D I remember you posting his pics last year. Good luck getting him this year!

Diesel77 06-26-2006 01:03 PM

Awesome, nothing like seeing a buck youve been admiring from previous seasons show up in pre season trail cam pic. Thats just makesthe season that much more enjoyable, the hunt is on!!! Good luck.

Mykey 06-26-2006 01:04 PM

Pics like that get me fired up, thanks for sharing. Thats a very nice buck for sure. I'd love to know how wide his rack is. Good luck hunting him this year and maybe the pic we see will include you with both hands around that rack.:D

OHdeerguts 06-26-2006 01:08 PM

Nice deer. I agree with Mykey. hopefully the next time we see him he has your hands on his rack:D

BobCo19-65 06-26-2006 01:17 PM

WOW!!! That was last night! He has some incredible growth already! Good luck in hunting him this year!

kshunter 06-26-2006 01:45 PM

Very Nice! Hope to see you standing next to him this fall! Good Luck Buddy!

hardcorehunter 06-26-2006 01:51 PM

Nice buck; aren't you glad you gave him another year?
HCH[/align]

janesburg 06-26-2006 01:55 PM

go get him

Big Red Porkers 06-26-2006 01:57 PM

nice feeder

cardeer 06-26-2006 02:21 PM

Nice deer

hatchet jack 06-26-2006 02:23 PM

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

GregH 06-26-2006 02:25 PM

Dandy buck, good luck.

marcusjb 06-26-2006 04:10 PM

Kill it and grill it!

Finch 06-26-2006 06:43 PM

Nice!!!

Remember, he might not be around next year. So make sure you're one step ahead of him this year.:)

Rhody Hunter 06-26-2006 08:03 PM

Wow awsome looking buck good luck getting him

gzg38b 06-26-2006 08:08 PM

Holy Crap that thing is huge. You got me all pumped up now and it's only June. Get him!

Matt/TN 06-26-2006 08:19 PM

awesome buck

MOM W/SWD 06-26-2006 10:02 PM

Thanks for sharing.....always gets me thinking of fall

SuperRedHawk 06-26-2006 10:13 PM

Wow, I love the width and he looks more massive this year too. And very symetrical. Good luck, that's a great buck.

deer.man1 06-26-2006 11:16 PM

Nice buck, I cant wait to see how big he is after you get him. Keep us posted. Good luck

dakine999 06-27-2006 06:07 AM

I hope you get him Buck Magnet. Man, I wouldn't be able to think about anythingbut the buck 24/7. I'm sure you had a hard time sleeping after you got this years pic!

njbuck22 06-27-2006 07:07 AM

Man, what a buck!!!!! I wish you all the best in getting him this year. That great knowing what buck you are after, it makes it all that much sweeter when/if you get him. GOOD LUCK!!!!

James Vee 06-27-2006 07:22 AM

Definitely the same buck, but I don't see him adding a lot of inches when compared to last year. I think it's time to take him out.

Lx lungbuster7 06-27-2006 07:46 AM

wow nice buck hope to see you holding his antlers in the next pics. Cant believe the growth he has already most bucks here are just starting their main beams.

Buck Magnet 06-27-2006 01:16 PM

Thanks guys,

I hope to get a tag in him and if this dang rain ever stops I plan on getting out and scouting this guy a little more. I havn't a pretty good idea of where to start but this season is gonna be tough because the area this guy beds in is so thick brush that you have to belly crawl through, no way of shooting anywhere in the area. The tough thing is that this brush he stays in is surrouned entirely by corn fields except for one side where the brush leads into the big woods. Its a funnel area where the brush and woods met that is only about 30 yards wide. This year we cut a 20 yard wide strip of the brush out between the woods and planted it in a food plot. The deer sign in that plot is crazy and it looks like its gonna be a perfect ambush spot.

James, I think he may gain a little more tine length and mass but he definetly isn't going to be much bigger than last year. His growth spurt came between last year and the year before that. I have pics of him two years ago as a 17"-18" wide 8 point.

JimboHunter1 06-27-2006 03:52 PM

Yep, he's a dandy, Buck Magnet! If I lived a little closer to the land I hunt, I'd have a game camera for sure. That would certainly get me pumped up for the season.

PABowhntr 06-27-2006 04:38 PM

Nice buck Jason! I hope you get a shot at him this year. I just put my cams out this past weekend and hope to get some decent pics come Saturday.

Bowtech2005 06-27-2006 05:44 PM

WOW GREAT LOOKING DEER HOPE YOU GET HIM THIS YEAR!!!!!!!

huntingdiva1 06-27-2006 05:47 PM

AWESOME!! Hope you get him this coming season.

Arrowmaster 06-27-2006 05:50 PM

Nice very nice

reed2404 06-27-2006 07:03 PM

Good luck, he is definite a well hanger

ShadowAce 06-28-2006 01:31 PM

Something to think about; you might not wanting him bumping around under that feeder looking for corn much longer. With that velvet on and as big as his rack is getting he has a good chance of damaging the velvet and therefore his rack would suffer. I'd pull the feeder and just pour out the corn if it were me.