Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Emotions

Old 06-19-2006, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default Emotions

What emotions do you feel when you are walking up to your downed
animal? Myself I feel excitment,power and sadness all at the same time.
Im wondering if other people feel excitment and sadness at the same
time or am I just an odd duck.[8D]

Old 06-19-2006, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Emotions

I know what your feeling cause I feel the same way. So your not an odd duck.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

Yep same with me too...I'd also add thankful to that mix
Old 06-19-2006, 07:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think that if I ever stop feeling that mix of emotions its time to quit.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Old 06-19-2006, 07:16 PM

Accomplishment. I've beaten that animal at it's own game, in it's own home. I have a great sense of pride in the accomplishment.

Humility. Killing a deer w/ a bow and arrow makes me very humble. That animals sole purpose in life was to die to feed my family. Very humbling indeed.

Jubillation. I used to fight fire for a living, but the rush of shooting a deer w/ a bow is far above and beyond that of a fire.

Sadness. No, just kidding on that one. I don't feel sadness in the least, I am thankful. God put these animals here for us, and I am thankful for that.

Respect. These are very smart critters we're after. Sometimes they beat me, sometimes I beat them. Either way, they deserve nothing but our best.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know the feeling also. But lately though, I've been feeling more remorse than ever. I sometimes wish I almost didn't shoot. I've taken many deer but think I'm almost burnt out on the killing part of hunting. I like the hunt part and being in the woods. I also love the venison. I would rather let the kids do the shooting, though. Just me I guess, but I understand what you mean.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Humility first,respect for the animal second,gratitude third,hunters remorse last.And there is always who is going to help me drag this thing!(only kidding)
If the experience doesn't go to the core of who you are you have missed something along the way.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:35 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Windwalker i feel like you, i'v been deer hunting since 1959 its almost time, the love is still there but my body is starting to say no. Good Hunting Rich
Old 06-20-2006, 12:37 AM

I shoot vermin . When I get one in my sights , and line up on 'em . It's the best part of my day . I send that arrow off , hoping that I have done my job . The next portion of a second seems to take alot longer than it should . In the moment since I drew on the varmint ,,,, everything else in life stopped . Nothing matters except the shot . This is my bliss . All of the thoughts in the back of my head fade away ,,, How am I going to make more money ? So and so needs somthing . The truck needs cleaning . How am I going to go see familly ? I can't hear any of them . The shot is the only thing that matters . I'll take a good archery shot on a varmint over sex any day(been married for awile,, I guess ). I don't feel bad for my prey . In fact - I let the young live ,, to make for tommarows hunt . I do feel bad for a gut shot . But thats why I carry a revolver as well . Once upon a time , I did drugs . Bow-hunting is better than anything that you can put in your nose , or smoke . When an unlikley shot on a varmint lands just where you want it to - there is nothing better . Bowhunting is the best thing since sliced bread . I wish someone had introduced me to it earlier . I could go on ,, but I think I've bored you enough .

Quick Reply: Emotions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.