HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Overhauling my bow. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/145058-overhauling-my-bow.html)

HuntinGUS 06-14-2006 10:22 AM

Overhauling my bow.

I am fighting off the urge to buy a new bow and I thought there would be no better way than to give my current bow a faxelift.

I have a Matthews FX and I am planning on giving it a complete overhaul.

I will be replacing the following.

Rest.
Sights.
Aarows and fletchings (Aluminum)
Broadheads
Stabelizer
Silencers
String

I would like to see what you guys would recommend for these changes.

Thanks,

Allseasonhunter7 06-14-2006 10:34 AM

RE: Overhauling my bow.

pimp my bow.

whisker biscuit drop tine qs
copper john dead nuts 3 pin
xx75 with wraps and white blazers
100 or 125 slick tricks
simms s coil
string leeches
vaportail or i cant remember the other brand

HuntinGUS 06-14-2006 10:39 AM

pimp my bow.
LOL I wish I'd thought of that!!!

Thanks for the feedback! Any others?

marcusjb 06-14-2006 10:44 AM

Maybe you should just get a new bow to put all that new stuff on...:D

HuntinGUS 06-14-2006 10:49 AM

Maybe you should just get a new bow to put all that new stuff on...
:D

The price tag is the main reason, plus I really like my little FX.

idahoelkinstructor 06-14-2006 11:30 AM

The only easy answer on your list IMOis the string, the best of the best string isWinners Choicebow strings. They are costly but againthey are the very best period.

For a rest go with a dropaway,I like both the ripcord and the trophytaker, but most of the dropawas are excellent, so it just depends upon which flavor you like.

Sights, too many good ones to mention, just make sure it haswraped fiber optic pins and you'll be set.

Quiver, again IMO because you own a Mathews bow, it should have a MathewsQuiver be it a two piece,two piece raised or a detachable. Mathews quvers are some of the best on the market and worth every penny they cost.

Silencers, well its hard to beat thesimms limb savers products. I would put string leaches on your string and a set of camo limb saver ultra's on your limbs.

Stabilizer, a lot of different good ones but here are a few of my favorites. I like the simms limb saver system. Doinker makes a good one and its popular with Mathews bow owners.From the repots here on hunting netthe Stealth seems to be excellent, I will own one very soon to try out.

Broadheads,just make sure the blades are strong and sharp (most of them are) and your good to go. Which one is the best, well again that is a personal choice and their is not a right or wrong answere to that question. If you went into the field accross america and asked 100 archers what broadhead is their favorite, I bet you would get at least 30 different answers.

Arrows, aluminum you say, IMO there is only one aluminum arrow company and that is Easton. If you have the money the XX78in the weight you need is a excellent choice, but if money it tight the cheaper XX75 gamegetters will work for youand they have worked for countless huntesto kill thousands of animals.

One last thing to consider to the bow itself, if you want it new looking again, for about $70 you can get a new finish on you bow from Tarjac. From the reports I have read the finishseems to hold up a bit better than factory finish. It comes in many different camo patterns as well as other patterns. Here is a link to their web site.
http://www.tarjac.com/

Hope this helps and gives you a few ideas.

Allseasonhunter7 06-14-2006 12:14 PM

trick my bow(truck)
one more
bow(home) makeover :D :D:D

ya ill be keeping my 04 for a while
and idaho ya winners choice was the other i couldnt think of thanks

HuntingEd 06-14-2006 12:30 PM

sims cable guide damper.
sims minisavers
QAD Ultra rest