Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New Land, First camera pics! >

New Land, First camera pics!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Land, First camera pics!

Old 08-29-2006, 10:39 AM

Default New Land, First camera pics!

Hey guys,
I just wanted to share my first trail cam pics with ya’ll. We just formed a small club on 300 acres here in the deer poor area of South Carolina. I hear guys say all the time that the deer around here just can’t get big. Well, after a quick scouting session on our new lease,I put out some corn and my new camera in what I thought would be a good spot. It is a hardwood bottom that is up against a HUGE cut-down. After a week I went back to find all the corn gone and 5 pics on the camera. They were all headshots of a couple of does. Lesson one, put the camera low! I moved the camera closer to the trail and put out some more corn. I eased in yesterday just to check it out. The counter said 27 pics after just 2 days. I normally wouldn’t go in there that soon, but I was there helping a friend with his stand. After much kidding from my pal about taking pictures of rabbits, I went home to see what I had. Wow, it was all deer!!! And even a decent one in the bunch! I had 10 pics of this one deer in that 2 day period. I would love to let this guy grow one more year, but I don’t know if I can stand it. Check him out and let me know what you think.
Sorry for writing a book but I am pumped! The bow opener is Friday!!!

Old 08-29-2006, 10:44 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: New Land, First camera pics!

Nice deer..if you guys are leasing the land and are planning on having a quality deer herd..I would definatley let him walk and just work on the buck to do ratio.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:51 AM
Spike

Nice buck, are ya'll in the upstate or lowerstate. I hunt some land in the NW part of Orangeburg county, been seeing some bucks, two decent ones (6 pt and 7pt) both just a tad outside the ears with spread, but they are still youngins, but i agree if you are able to muster the will to let him walk it could pay dividends down the road, but then again hunting with a bow and this boy shows up that is a whole lot easier said than done, but good luck with him and the rest of your season.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

Is it just me, or does he look skinny? I can see his ribs. You better throw some more corn out there and fatten him up or he may not make it until next year. Nice rack though.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice pics, thx for sharing!!
Old 08-29-2006, 10:54 AM
Typical Buck

Nice buck,good luck on the new lease.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:05 PM

I hunt here Aiken County and I'm going to check my camera tonight.... Only had the chance to go hunting once so far.... Only saw a couple of does..... Hopefully I'll have some good pics tonight..... I'll share them if I do....
Old 08-29-2006, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice....good luck...
Old 08-29-2006, 02:15 PM

Thanks for all the good luck wishes. I need all I can get! I am in the upstate, almost in NC. The lease is in Dillion County close to I-95. I'm gonna try to hold out on him but it will be tough to do with the bow, being it would be my first bow kill. Like I said, the camera has only been out a couple of days. I'm hoping to catch his daddy crossing opening day! These deer feed mostly on the acorn crop and normal cut-down browse because there is no farm land anywhere close. I hope to clear a spot and plant a fairly large food plot after the season. This guy with another year and some good food ought to be a real hoss! Thanks again and I hope I can post some bragging pics in a few days! Hope everyone has a great season!!!
Old 08-29-2006, 02:46 PM
Fork Horn

nice buck...sounds good![8D]

Quick Reply: New Land, First camera pics!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.