Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Sponsors backing out of WHA >

Sponsors backing out of WHA

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sponsors backing out of WHA

Old 06-16-2006, 12:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Sponsors backing out of WHA

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65
I do know of a hunting contest run every year right here and seems to be supported by this site whichseems verycompetitive in nature.
Since when does skill have anything to do with how big a buck steps out in front of Joe-schmo, on any given sunday? Regardless of how good a hunter you are, the challenge remains the same and skill only applies to a very very small part of the equation. The skill comes into play when you apply what you know to the coincidental coming together of circumstances. These competitions are little more thanfolks to get together and say look how lucky I was this year!

In no way does our search for kudos have any kindling of a resemblence to the WHA scenario.... Even when compared to Contests like the Texas Big Buck Awards, the Muy Grande Awards, etc....
Old 06-16-2006, 12:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

These competitions are little more thanfolks to get together and say look how lucky I was this year!
I have no idea of what your point is.

huntingnet hunterskills are based on luck??
WHA is based on skill??

My conversation with Cougar was based on something altogether different of what you are trying to argue.

I think I'll wait for his reply.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:32 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Davoh

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

And one last comment about what hunting is by definition....... Not a persons individual emotional feelings.
Regardless of how the dictionary "defines" hunting.... ask a hunter what Hunting MEANS.

Hunting is about sunrises, sunsets, family, friends, God and nature. It's about being responsible for that animal in the forest, just as God intended. Knowing that that steak on my plate was once an animal, that I watched live, and watched die. Anyone who defines hunting like the dictionary, just doesn't get it.

As for your other arguements bigbulls, you still don't get it. You're using the same legalistic, absolutist logic that the anti's (especially PETA)ascribe to. Afterall, "only a sith speaks in absolutes..."

Don't flame me(or anyone else)just because I have a higher sense of respect and esteem for things than the dictionary.

There is a difference between makinga living servicing an audience, andabusing theemotional and spiritualmeaning ofan honored pastimeto make yourself and your backers rich.

Very well put. I've been typing and calling alot the last week or so on this WHA deal. I just have to say that I'm very, very, very appreciative of the FACT that almost all hunters, clubs, orgs. and manufactures that have addressed the "DRUG A BUCK FOR DOLLARS TOUR" have absolutely denounced it completely.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

Bob, I have no scholarly reply. All I can say is the WHA and anything like it does not represent me and almost all hunters, though it would like to pretend to. It would not bring new hunters into our world, but would be nothing more than a circus for one simple purpose.......monetary gain of its creator..Farbman.

BigBulls, sure Realtree, Mossy Oak, and all the other televised shows and hunting video producers along with manufacturers are making money from hunting. Thats what an industry does and I have nothing against that. But their is a big difference between selling products and a competitive pro sports league. An entity such as the WHA is prostituting the tradition and heritage of hunting. As for Pope & Young and Boone & Crockett keeping records and setting minimum scores for entry of their taken animals into their record books, whats competitive or whats gained monetarily by the hunters who enter the books?

I sincerely doubt that much of the hunting public and hunting non-public would tune in each week or month to watch such a tournament. I don't believe anyone would be applauding as each shooter's rack was scored and tallied up and then watch as cash awards are handed out. In fact I believe it would sicken most.

I applaud those manufacturers who pulled out as sponsors, tho I question why some did. Its clear to me that they realized they would lose earnings bu supporting this venture.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:17 PM

Again, am I the only one supporting this? Think of the potential this could add to our sport and revolution it could have.

I am waiting for more details to surface
Old 06-17-2006, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I the only one supporting this?
Yes!!!!!! and judging from your screen name and "newbie" status, I'd say you're obviously a troll from wha. Good try, but not that good.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:07 PM

ORIGINAL: newtowha

Again, am I the only one supporting this? Think of the potential this could add to our sport and revolution it could have.

OK, I have tried to think of the potential and havent foundONE yet except a certain few making big money. So what potential does it add to our sport? You said OUR so I assume you hunt now the real way? Are you not satisfied with real hunting? If no, why not?
What revolution? Do you know the definition of that word? How will it revolt hunting as it is now?
I am willing to listen IF you are a true deliverer and not someone just trying to instigate. IF you an anti-hunter......just go away.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:48 PM

What does WHA stand for?
Old 06-17-2006, 08:00 PM
Banned

HCH[/align][/align][/align]
Old 06-17-2006, 08:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: newtowha

There is absolutely nothing that the WHA could "add" to hunting but in reverese the WHA will degrade this "sport" to epic proportions. Why do you think that hunters and companies are banding together against it? Open your eyes and see it for what it is, nothing but prostitution of the sport.

I see you have 3 posts on HNI, all on the WHA issue...hhhmmmm.

Quick Reply: Sponsors backing out of WHA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.