Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 G5 Meta peep site....anyone tried it? >

G5 Meta peep site....anyone tried it?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

G5 Meta peep site....anyone tried it?

Old 06-11-2006, 03:53 AM
Typical Buck

Default G5 Meta peep site....anyone tried it?

I need a peep and/or kisser button for the Tribute. No i'm not going without a peep to focus on my form. Every bow i've ever owned has had a peep and i like them. I know for sure i do NOTwant another Zero peep or the shurz-a-peep.

A buddy recommendes the Fletcher peeps. they look nice but i like to be different. Thats why i bought the Bowtech instead of the Mathews like all my shooting buddies have.....not to mentionI liked the Tribute MUCH better than the Switchback.....anyhow....

Has anyone seen or tried the new G5 Meta peep. It looks very nice. G5 typically makes excellent stuff, just wondering what the consenses is on this peep.

Tried a search and got nothing.

thanks
Shawn
Old 06-11-2006, 05:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: G5 Meta peep site....anyone tried it?

I put one on the other day, 1/4", and I like it. I think the blue color besides being different and unique is very functional. Have a fletcher and it seemed that I could loose the black peep in the darkening light. The blue along with the orange ring on my site stand out even till last light.

Shot a 3d course yesterday with my son, his first and he did well. I had a good time and one of the reasons could have been that no matter the light condition I could see well. With the fletcher in the sun sometimes it was difficult.

I have for sometime been fouling around with colors and low light. The last test eliminated the blue light, using amber glass, it didn't work at all. Never thought having the blue would although I should have since they sell blue lights to light up pins (I don't care for the lights myself. They make things worse for me).

Got mine for 10 bucks from keystone, worth a try. I'm keeping mine on if that helps answer your question.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was actually thinking about trying it, before the whole WHA thing came out. now I will pass.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm with Bionicrooster on this one. I was thinking about a G5 sight until this wha deal. Now there is no way I could in good concious buy any G5 product.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was actually thinking about trying it, before the whole WHA thing came out. now I will pass.
What is this WHA thing you are talking about?

OK, I read the string on this WHA ( thanx txrookie ). Sounds like a bunch of money hungry people who want to commercially benefit from our sport, This is not good. Nothing good can come of this.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:33 AM
Typical Buck

I agree with the others - I was just about ready to order one; but no more G5 products for me until they drop sponsorship of WHA.

If anyone else needs info go over to AT or BS and you'll see all kinds of threads on this latest, stupid, threat to bowhunting that, so far at least, G5 is supporting.
Old 06-11-2006, 01:45 PM

specialty archery makes a 1/4" hooded peep that you can also screw in adapters to, to make it smaller - or lenses.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:06 PM

G5 is on the naughty list right now..... They will withdraw their support, but that still doesn't change the fact that they are a-holes for agreeing to it in the first place.
Old 06-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

Unless G5 quickly withdraws its sponsorship of the WHA........none of their products will ever be used by me.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

"OK, I read the string on this WHA ( thanx txrookie ). Sounds like a bunch of money hungry people who want to commercially benefit from our sport, This is not good. Nothing good can come of this."

Where have you been.This is just the next step in an already long walk to this point. I'm not suprized. The only difference is the circle is so much smaller.

Money hungry is our sport.

Quick Reply: G5 Meta peep site....anyone tried it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.