Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WHA WORLD HUNTING TOUR (OBJECTIVE POLL) >

WHA WORLD HUNTING TOUR (OBJECTIVE POLL)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
"Great Idea! Wish I'd thought of it..."
5.63%
"Just as long as its done tastefully/responsibly..."
7.36%
"Doesn't seem tastefull or responsible..."
13.85%
"Nothing good could come of this..."
73.16%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

WHA WORLD HUNTING TOUR (OBJECTIVE POLL)

Old 06-13-2006, 09:46 AM

Default RE: WHA WORLD HUNTING TOUR (OBJECTIVE POLL)

Bigbulls, it is not the same.

While I personally think the phrase "professional angler" is an oxymoron, what guys involved in Bass masters do differs from this in one key way.

That is, what a "professional angler" does in the course of their sport is not a perversion of the nature of that sport. People who fish routinely catch and release fish all of the time, whether it is because the fish is under regulation size, it is not a desired species or simply because they do not intend to eat or otherwise utilize that fish. That is the nature of the sport.

Hunting on the other hand, is based around the kill or in some cases, the decision not to.

Hunting also has a much more sensitive ethical edge to it, if for no other reason than the familiarity that humans share with other mamals. For example, we do not typically impale smaller live mamals or other creatures to use as bait for larger ones. But we do that when we fish, and rarely does anyone take issue.

Hunting simply has a different aura or air or spirit about it that really just is not compatible with a competitive scenario.

I could go on, but I would at this point put forth the proposition that if you cannot see the difference now, it would be time-prohibitive for me to attempt to help you see it.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:07 AM

The general public will relate to a mammal such as a deeras opposed to a fish. I don't think the general public will have a positive outlook ontranquilizing a deer for the sure pleasure ofa hunter. This will could be what it takes to tip the scales to the wrong side of the fence for most of the non hunting community. Most will tolerate the fact that a hunter that kills an mammal will at least get use out of it and justify the cause.

Pure BS!!
Money is indeed the root of all evil!!

Old 06-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Fork Horn

I do not buy hunting DVDs and seldom watch hunting shows. For me, hunting is not a spectator sport. This is just another step in the commercialization of EVERYTHING.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:42 AM

Here's an e-mail from my buddy to G5 and response from G5.[/align][/align]Hello Matthew,[/align][/align]Thank you for your e-mail. Weat G5 outdoors are very interested in your concerns. As of today we have withdrawn our support and sponsorship of the WHA. Our only intent was to grow archery. This is clearly not happening. Please explain to your friends and fellow hunters that G5 in no way intended to offend anyone and that we have listened to your voice. Thanks again for your correspondence.[/align][/align]Sincerely,[/align][/align]Peter Crawford[/align]G5 Outdoors, LLC[/align][email protected][/align][/align]

[hr]

[/align][/align]Dear G5, It has been brought to may attention that you have decided to sponsor the World Hunting Association. In my opinion, and many other sportsmen this whole concept of the World Hunting Association is sickening and really bad for hunting in general. If you continue to support this "Association" I will personally strongly urge others to not buy your products. I belong to the PBS, Compton's, IBHS, NMLRA and numerous other local archery leagues and associations, and I will be sure to get the word out as to what kind company you are, and what kind of activities you sponsor. I have already contacted the president of my state bowhunting association and he advised that he is aware of this, and they are deliberation on what actions to take. Do yourselves a big favor and drop your sponsorship before it puts your sales in the gutter.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:08 PM

all i have to say is why? why would you do such a thing, and like alot of other's said i will not be useingproducts that support and sponser thiscrap!!!!
Old 06-14-2006, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: justhunt

Here's an e-mail from my buddy to G5 and response from G5.
[/align]
[/align]Hello Matthew,
[/align]
[/align]Thank you for your e-mail. Weat G5 outdoors are very interested in your concerns. As of today we have withdrawn our support and sponsorship of the WHA. Our only intent was to grow archery. This is clearly not happening. Please explain to your friends and fellow hunters that G5 in no way intended to offend anyone and that we have listened to your voice. Thanks again for your correspondence.
[/align]
[/align]Sincerely,
[/align]
[/align]Peter Crawford
[/align]G5 Outdoors, LLC
[/align][email protected]
[/align][/align]
I got the same email word for word except my name instead of yours. They are clearly trying to repair the damage to their profit statement. G5 was already financially invested in the WHA because they were developing the blunt tip used to tranquilize the livestock.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:06 PM

This is crazy! The bad thing is that I just bought a new Gorrila tree stand it came on the ups truck today
Old 06-15-2006, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: reed2404

This is crazy! The bad thing is that I just bought a new Gorrila tree stand it came on the ups truck today
JUMP'IM BOYS!!!LOL
Old 06-15-2006, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

I am just now finding out all about this WHA Tour and am noticing everyone opposing it. So let me make sure I understand what this Tour is. 10 top hunters go into a fenced area and drug deer to win money? That can't be good for the sport of hunting.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:26 AM
Fork Horn

Just wondering. Would less hunters oppose it if it wasn't fenced in deer, andthey were acually harvesting the deer as they would in regular hunting season?

Quick Reply: WHA WORLD HUNTING TOUR (OBJECTIVE POLL)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.