Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WHA WORLD HUNTING TOUR (OBJECTIVE POLL) >

WHA WORLD HUNTING TOUR (OBJECTIVE POLL)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
"Great Idea! Wish I'd thought of it..."
5.63%
"Just as long as its done tastefully/responsibly..."
7.36%
"Doesn't seem tastefull or responsible..."
13.85%
"Nothing good could come of this..."
73.16%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

WHA WORLD HUNTING TOUR (OBJECTIVE POLL)

Old 06-11-2006, 10:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: WHA WORLD HUNTING TOUR (OBJECTIVE POLL)

ORIGINAL: Dr Andy

Are these not controlled substances to be administered by a veterinarian? Perhaps getting the veterinarians involved?
Supposedly, the "hunts", or more correctly called the "druggings" will take place with the assistance of vets.

Here is Mike Hanback's blog, it explains quite a bit: http://mikehanback.blogs.com/bigbuckzone/2006/06/dart_a_buck_on_.html

I'm glad there is a professional voice standing up against this a little bit.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:22 AM

I voted nothing good but something good can come out of all this. That being to wake up the apathetic hunters we have in this world and realize what we love is constantly under attack , even by our own.
The other thing is, this publicity may (key word there) get more youth (and hopefully adults) involved in hunting. I dont see this WHA happening tho! Not if I can help it!
Old 06-11-2006, 11:53 AM

ORIGINAL: early in

I think the whole idea sucks, is nothing sacred?
Ditto
Old 06-11-2006, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

Hunting competition, WHA is full of BS. Peta is going to have some more, alot morestuffs to say about us hunters again. I hope this organization goes down the drain.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think the idea behind ( WHA ) tour thing is a disgrace to the true meaning of why real hunter's HUNT!
Old 06-12-2006, 07:57 AM

When money is involed, especially lots of it, somepeople will do whatever they may feel necessary to win it. I'm afraid some very bad press could come from this, makingALL hunters look bad.And the promoters will walk away with the biggest bulk of the money none the worse for the wear, smiling.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

I haven't voted on this as I am not real sure howI feel about it. I don't particularly like it but at the same time we accept this kind of thing in other aspects of "outdoor sports" that we all enjoy.

So, I have a question to ask you all.

What's the differance between what these folks want to do and the bill fish tournaments, Bass Masters tournaments, redfish tournaments, etc... etc...

The only differance is that rather than tranquilize the fish they stick a hook through their mouth.

The bill fish get stuck in the back with a tag and the others get put into a well in the boat, and at the end of the day after the fish have been stressed out to the max they are released back into their waters.

I hope all of you that are against what this WHL is doing are also against the Bass Masters, bIllfish tournaments, etc... becasue it's the same thing just different animals.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:00 PM
Spike

Adamantly opposed to this "drug a deer for dollars" fiasco!

Bigbulls, I think if you look at this a little closer, you'll come to understand exactly why I totally disagree with your take on this

ie; bass fishing=deer drugging

don't think so.....
Old 06-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

Totally stupid and disrespectful to the game and the sport as a whole.

Jay
Old 06-13-2006, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

This sounds like a bad dream , where do they come up with this crap , I can believe companies consider sponcering , or would think this was going to increase their bottom line . That is why we work , but the reason we hunt is to put steaks on the plate , man the world is getting backwards , the ideas some come up with , it realy seems like a bad joke .

Edit to say I thought the same way [and still do] about the bass tourny's ie jimmy houston , bill dance , roland martin , thats still a big joke to me . I cant believe it brings in many many millons of dollars a year , what a joke . I used to like to bass fish to , before the water turned to mud down here where I live , those guys just turned it into a joke , but hey they are smileing all the way to the bank

Quick Reply: WHA WORLD HUNTING TOUR (OBJECTIVE POLL)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.