Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?! >

Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

Old 07-10-2006, 11:08 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

I pulled this quote and myresponse from another thread on this subject:

[/align]

[/align]Quote:

[/align]"we as hunters need to do some inner soul searching and see if we aren't part of the problem.

It is us who are financing all these things. When we learn to say NO, then maybe we can somewhat reverse this trend."

End quote.

[/align][/align]
True. However Ithink the overwhelming response that we've heard so far from the hunting community more than states just that. We are in fact saying "NO!" loud and clear, and all we need to do is continue to scream bloody murder to make this blashemy disappear. The pressure MUST be kept on tho.

This is only the beginning too, and the future battleground lines are firmly being drawn as we speak. Make no mistake that this is only the beginning of the biggest test upon hunting as we know it, other money and glory-hungry fanatics will try soon as well, each with some sort of new spin that they will try to pass off as "palatable". The absolute best thing we could all do as ethical hunters and sportsmen is to bond together and eradicate all of the high-profile, commercialized b***ardization of our sport, and by doing so in essence bring hunting back to the truly spiritual achievement that is is, one that we can share with family and friends...I personally could give a rat about 'so and so' shooting a buck on TV, FOR a buck and FOR FAME. More and more hunters who once watched many hunting shows per week are now telling me the same thing. Everyone is growing tired of it. Way too commercialized -- we need to back it down and recollect the things that are truly important within our tradition of hunting.

The hunting heritage burns strong within all who have been touched by the true and natural way of life that it is, even tho constantly under fire from antis, increasing lack of public land to hunt, increasing license fees, and new/complicated laws each year. Yes we certainly have alot against us, but yet we are still here, still passing on the tradition to future generations. Some claim we are losing numbers, some say it is dying, blah blah, but I know in my family the generations are firmly aware and a part of the heritage, and I know other true hunting families are the same---to me it is the values and tradition itself that needs to remain intact, not simply the overall numbers of participants in a land that allows us less and less space every day to pursue those values and lifestyle. And IMHO the VERY last thing that we need is one (or some) of our own trying some new get-rich-quick scheme that will only serve to further chew at the edges---edges that are already being tested daily from other angles. I for one will not tolerate such infidelity from within our own ranks, and I'm very proud to see that the majority of true hunters and sportsman will not either.

[/align]

[/align]

[/align]
Old 07-11-2006, 11:54 AM

I totally agree HuntinGUS the sport that has shown me not only the passion for the hunt but the love of mother nature and the honesty of good people... is dying out... for a hunk of "GOLD"..., I'm sorry if I offend any one, really....but I have to say it... HORSE ****! Thats just not right. Honestly even sadder than that it's my generation that has to do something about this, but in our day and time the people my age are to worried about there new PS2 Game,the new Mall that justopened up or the clubthat there going to tonight.I truly believe that we are seeing the end of a passion.....it kills me.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:26 PM

Thanks HAZCON7... I think that the views of few can speak for many. I appreciate the positive comment as it was my first post. As I have said in previous posts I think the Hunting Industry is one day going to kill the ever day passionate hunter. I'm going to quote Will Primos one of the few "Professional" hunters that I think truly would give up the money for his passion of the hunt:
It's The Challenge Of The Hunt,
The Countdown To Opening Day,
It's A Wild Turkey Dinner,
It's The Voice Of God At Sunrise,
It's The Memories Of A Wise Old Man,
Its Time Spent With A Child,
These Are the Reasons We All Make Hunting A Way Of Life,
And At Primos We Thank All Of You For Making Us A Part OF It.
Thats what its all about.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I believe its up to my generation to stand up and say "NO!"not on my watch!The WHA with its "respectful non-fatal tranquilizing technique, professional hunting competition and hundreds of thousands of dollars in prize money" are going to take hunting as we know itand burry it.... all for a dollar. Itabsolutely outrages me. All the WHA is going to do is open up a door for groups likePETA, UAN and the ASPCA. To putlaws onharvestingwild game... "Why kill them if you can just tranquilize them? Disgusting.Ifwe let things like this happen its all over, we will a be hunting with the "respectful non-fatal tranquilizing technique"? That will be a sad day for every one of us.
I couldn't have asked someone to say it better.

I, too, issue a welcome to our forum, and look forward to you posting more.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:24 PM

20% is all the support you need according to the much loved and well respected James A. Swan, PhD

http://www.jamesswan.com/Villians,%2...d%20Heroes.htm

Might want to read the entire article because its a good one but this is how it starts:

Villians, Fools and Heroes:
The Image of the Hunter in Television and Feature Films

by James A. Swan, Ph.D.

"Ideas are what bring us here. Ideas are like seeds scattered on the wind. Some take hold and grow into beliefs, attitudes, values, cultural systems, and religions that make war or peace and change the destiny of mankind. Others die and are never heard from again. What mass communication research tells us is that if 20% of the population embraces and accepts an idea, it is not likely to go away, at least not quickly. As we live in a mass society, where public opinion determines the future of hunting, and hunters are a minority group, hunters must be concerned about the image that others have of them, regardless whether it is deserved or not.

The United States Fish and Wildlife Service recently published results of a three-year survey of thousands of Americans about hunting. They found that forty percent strongly approved of hunting. Another 33% moderately approved of hunting. Only 22% either strongly or moderately disapproved. A whopping 81% of the respondents believed hunting should remain legal, while only 16% thought it should be outlawed.(1) In another survey, only 3% of those surveyed supported the tactics of animal rights extremist groups.

Despite these statistics, hunters are an endangered species. Unlike other forms of outdoor recreation, the number of hunters is not growing, and all across the US anti-hunting initiatives are appearing on ballots, hunting is being challenged in legislative proposals and in the courts. The Fish & Wildlife survey also asked about the image of the hunter. The response provides insight into the vulnerability of hunting. Sixty-two percent of those surveyed believed that "a lot" of hunters broke hunting laws or practiced unsafe behavior, such as drinking to excess and firing guns recklessly. These polls show that the non-hunting majority don't have much of a problem with HUNTING, but they do have a problem with HUNTERS. Statistics on safety, wildlife numbers and the good work that hunters do to save wild lands and support wildlife research clearly show they don't deserve the negative stereotype, but regardless whether it is deserved or not, a majority of the general public's image of the hunter is negative and suspicious. So long as the future of hunting is determined through general elections, legislative measures, and legal action rather than wildlife management biology, if hunting is going to survive this negative image has to be changed."

The image of the hunter truly does need to be the issue at hand. It wont get any better by having more "how to" videos on public tv.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:41 PM

I was just reading through my August issue of North American Hunter and saw the article. I think it is immorale to tranquilize animals for sport and money.[:'(][:@] I mean who in there right mind would want to do that? That's just wrong. I hunt because Ilove to hunt and the meat is soooo good. My family lives off the meat.But I did read that Xtreme Scents,G5 Outdoors,Eastman Outdoors,and Gorilla Inc. did decline there sponsorship to the WHA.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I refer back to my comments in THE ENEMY WITHIN FORUM. I cannot be in support of every activity that is included in ( LEGAL HUNTING). We cannot lend our support to this activity in the hopes it will show a united front. Some so called hunting activities have no place among our ranks!!!!
Old 08-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Right you are Jmbuckhunter. I will not support something I find offensive and what I feel harmful to hunting just to put up a united front. I refuse to unite with the professional hunting tour/reality TV. It goes against everything I call hunting. Same with fences and hunting farms. I detest them. I will not "Unite" with them.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:00 PM

I emailed Farbman and this was his response: Sit back for a moment and hear what this is all about! You will be surprised what the ending format and details are. Relax brother, and have good weekend!
Here is my email: Surely you can't be serious about this! This has to be the worst idea I have heard concerning hunting since high fences! Come to think of it, high fences are mild in comparison! Are you single handedly trying to destroy what is left of the original hunting tradition? Your grandios get rich scheme is just that a scheme, or should I say a scam! To actually think that this will appeal to the non-hunting general public, and appease the antis is insane! You have no idea of what a powerfully awful backlash this will have on the traditional hunter! You are either out of touch with reality, blinded by ambition and the pursuit of the almighty dollar, or just don't give a hoot as long as you get your bank acount filled! I can tell you that I ,and many others will not and could not support such a concept! Any sponsor, 'sportsman', or any one connected with this will never receive a penny of support from me! Go back to the drawing board and use your imagination for something that will not be the downfall of the hunting tradtion!
I am pretty annoyed at his avoidance of the issue at hand in his response. What else does hetyhink he has up his sleeve that will justify ruining hunting so that he can get rich!!!???
Old 08-05-2006, 08:28 PM
Dominant Buck

If the jerk persist, I think that's where we have to aim our protest, LOUD and CLEAR, straight at any and all sponsors, supporters whoever they are. We make such a stink and boycott that they can't recover without begging for forgiveness. We'll show them what "UNITY" is all about. I personnally wonder how they'll get around all the laws about using drugs to hunt?????

Quick Reply: Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.