Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?! >

Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

Old 06-28-2006, 08:58 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

It sickens me it is just as bad as the deer hunting with the computer. I have know idea were they came up with this ridicous idea. I think that they will find out that the real hunting community won't put up with this nonsense.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:02 AM
Spike

They need flushed, period! Chuck Sykes B.S. is nothing more than that, pure B.S.

Old 07-09-2006, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

These guys are like used car salesmen putting a positive spin on a piece of junk. If they wanted to do this as a competition, it should be no fences, and use a video camera to record what their hunting skills would let them see. Why bother with the tranquilize and "release" crap. It will not bring in mainstream people to appreciate hunting, just cause more people to hate it, and there are already too many of those.[:'(]
Old 07-09-2006, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I honestly had to read it twice to make sure I didn't misinterpret something , or everything.
It makes me wonder if the WHA was started by a wolf in sheeps clothing.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

I am very proud to be part of a community that has taken such a strong stand against the WHA. I just read this thread today and was absolutely appalled. I am glad sponsorships are being pulled. In fact, I visited the WHA site and could not find a list of sponsors. That is a good sign. Power to the people!
Old 07-09-2006, 04:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am very proud to be part of a community that has taken such a strong stand against the WHA.
Amen, brother.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:38 AM

Alright first things first; I just wanted to say to Justin Zarr, Right on your article hit the nail right on the head.

I can’t believe whatthe outdoorIndustry has become. KnowI’m not trying to say that Drurry outdoors, Primosoutdoors or Realtree etc; are taking theseoutrageous stepstowards makinghunting some "Politically Correct Game". As a matter of fact I own many of the above named companies apparel, videos etc. and I see their enthusiasm and passion.It’s just...I’ve seen the love for the mountains and rivers, a sunrise on a chilly November mourning, the pat on the head of a well-trained retriever... disappear for a dollar. What’s next? Where do we go from here?
I am a young man of 22, I don’t know the world as many do, but I know how I was raised and I know the morals, values and ethics my father instilled in me. I believe its up to my generation to stand up and say "NO!"not on my watch!The WHA with its "respectful non-fatal tranquilizing technique, professional hunting competition and hundreds of thousands of dollars in prize money" are going to take hunting as we know itand burry it.... all for a dollar. Itabsolutely outrages me. All the WHA is going to do is open up a door for groups likePETA, UAN and the ASPCA. To putlaws onharvestingwild game... "Why kill them if you can just tranquilize them? Disgusting.Ifwe let things like this happen its all over, we will a be hunting with the "respectful non-fatal tranquilizing technique"? That will be a sad day for every one of us.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have stayed away from this topic/thread because everything that I thought had already been said by someone else. I have given this more though and while watching my favorite hunting shows this weekend on the outdoor chanel, I can count on on hand (and I am strecthing it) the number of shows that don't come across as nothing more than a commercial (sp?) or as Politically correct as possible.

I can remember not more than 2 years ago, the shows would show a slow motion impact shot. When is the last time you see that? When is the last time you watched a "hunt" where the "hunter" didn't thank 5-6 products/companies for being the "key" to his success? Are the comercials not enough?

To me this is simply a natural progression driven by the almighty dollar. In order to be accepted by the mainstream, the edge of hunting has to be removed. It has to be EXCITING.....FIST PUMPING action........or it will not sell. What better way to sell hunting to non hunters than to combine thousands of dollars in prizes with no killing?????

True Hunters won't buy it, but others will. That is what the minds behind this BS already know.The ball has been rolling toward something like this for a long time now IMO. $$$ will be the end to hunting a you and I knew it as kids.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

MontanaMuleys84- Welcome to the board. Great first post. I think we can count on seeing many more quality posts from someone such as yourself.

Old 07-10-2006, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have a problem with high fence shoots/hunts. I think that has more to do with me being a meat hunter. However I think it is wrong to shoot a deer with a tranquilizer dart moving at 300 fps and then televising it. It is animal harrasment!

I'd like to see how Farbman feels after taking one of those arrows in the ribs. He might think differently then.

I am glad that people here are on the right side of this issue. I also think that now that Cabelas and Bass Pro are behind this that it will never get off the ground. If they put Wal-Mart style pressure on their suppliers the suppliers will yield.

Good work guys.

Tom

P.S. I'm glad that Carbon Express isn't part of this. I would have had to find new arrows!

Quick Reply: Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.