Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?! >

Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

Old 06-22-2006, 03:18 PM

Default RE: Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

I don't like the idea one bit. It gives no respect to the animal being hunted. It will paint a poor image for us hunters.

Im a tournament fisherman and I don't even consider hunting and catch/release fishing similar in any way.

I think of hunting much deeper than a competition. The only reason I'd have a trophy scored and entered is for the respect of the animal harvested.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:02 PM
Spike

I'm glad that Manufactures, Hunting organizations, P&Y, B&C, Hunters from all across the country, etc., are banding together to say to these bottom feeders

"ThisisNOTwhat we hunters want and you cannot pass off this lie!"

You want to see something that'll turn your stomach? Go over to Archery Talk andread the comments from the guys that think this "Drug a Buck for Dollars"thing is just fine.[:@]
Old 06-22-2006, 04:39 PM

I'm not goin to AT. I don't want to be sicker than I already am about this. It is truly sad!
Old 06-22-2006, 04:45 PM

Just great. They're trying to make it a spectator sport because it's something they couldn't capitalize on like other sports. And they'll end up making it that much easier for anti-hunters to argue their points and drive the non-hunters to supporting the anti.s in their views. But they don't care as long as they make a few $$$ in the mean time.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:18 PM

ORIGINAL: NEW61375

I AM A LIFE LONG, DEDICATED, AND CONCERNED HUNTER. WHILE I DO AGREE AND UNDERSTAND THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS AND CONCERNS ABOUT THE W.H.A. I ALSO BELIEVE IN A BIG PICTURE VIEW OF THINGS AND I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT THE W.H.A. IS BEING GIVE A FAIR SHAKE. HUNTINGISABOUT SPENDING TIME IN THE OUTDOORSWITH OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILIES, IT IS ABOUT HERITAGE, IT IS ABOUT PASSION, IT IS ABOUT THAT FEELING YOU GET DEEP INSIDEWHENTHE SUN RISES ON OPENING DAY, IT IS ABOUT RESPECTING THE LAND AND OUR PREY,IT IS ABOUT PASSING SOMETHING ONAND PRESERVATION FOR THE FUTURE, IT IS ABOUT ALL OF THESE THINGS ANDMUCH MORE. THAT BEING SAID I DONT BELIEVE IT IS THE W.H.A.'s GOAL TO TAKE AWAY FROM THATINTENTIONALLY. HOWEVER, I THINK IF THEY ARE NOT CAREFUL THEY WILL, INTENTIONALLY OR NOT. HUNTING IS NOT LIKEBASEBALL, FOOTBALL, NASCAR, OR ANY OTHER MAINSTREAM SPORT AND I CERTAINLY DON'T FEEL IT SHOULD BE MARKETED LIKE ONE.WE CAN ONLY HOPE THAT WITHIN THIER ORGANIZATION THERE ARE HUNTERS THAT SHAREOUR FEELINGS AND CONCERNS. I DON'T BELIEVE THEY ARE SAYING "THIS IS HUNTING" BECAUSEWE ALLKNOW THAT WOULD BE A GROSS UNDERSTATEMENT. ITIS HOWEVER A FORM OF ENTERTAINMENT THAT IF MANAGED CORRECTLY COULD,AS THEY SAY IT WILL, RAISE MONEY FOR HUNTING RELATED CHARITABLE ORGANIZATIONS ASWELL AS PROMOTE HUNTING PRODUCTSTO ABIGGER AUDIENCE. I FEEL A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE "FENCED IN ASPECT" AND THAT MAINSTREAMINGSOMETHING TENDS TOLEAVE OUT A LOT OF THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECTS, LIKE THE ONES MENTIONED ABOVE.HOWEVER, THE FORMAT REMINDS ME A LOT OF THE PROFESSIONAL FISHING FORMATS AND NOONE SEEMS TO HAVE A PROBLEMWITH THOSE. THE ONLY REASON I MENTION THAT IS BECAUSE IFEEL LIKE PROFESSIONAL FISHING TOURS HAVE COME A LONG WAY AND THEY ARE QUITE BENEFICIAL TO FISHINGAND ENTERTAINING AS WELL. MAYBETHE W.H.A.COULDHAVE AN EFFECTLIKE THAT WITH HUNTING,I DON'T KNOW.I SAID EARLIER THAT I WAS A CONCERNED HUNTER AND I AM. BEING THE FATHER OF THREE SMALL CHILDREN I WANT THEM TO BE ABLE TO ENJOY THE SAME HUNTING OPPURTUNITIES AND LIFESTYLE THAT I HAVE. WITH THE NUMBER OF GROUPS OUT THERE AGAINST HUNTING AND THEFACT THAT OUR LAND AND HERITAGEARE OFTEN UNDER ATTACK,WE SHOULD STAND STRONGLY TOGETHER TO PRESERVE OUR FUTURE.SOMETIMES THAT MEANS TAKING A TOUCHY SUBJECT LIKE THISONE AND EVALUATING IT FROMMORE THAN JUST A NEGATIVE ANGLE.FEEL FREE TO RESPOND.
Ok NEW61375, not a lot of time, so a quick summary of my thoughts on your post.

You were right on when you stated: "HUNTINGISABOUT SPENDING TIME IN THE OUTDOORSWITH OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILIES, IT IS ABOUT HERITAGE, IT IS ABOUT PASSION, IT IS ABOUT THAT FEELING YOU GET DEEP INSIDEWHENTHE SUN RISES ON OPENING DAY, IT IS ABOUT RESPECTING THE LAND AND OUR PREY..." Problem is, the WHA proposes none of this...they are outdoors w/a camerman, a vet, and a bit frigg'n dart, no family involved...don't think darting and drugging deer can be considered any neer one's heritage (unless your a pygmy from Africa)...the only passion Farbman has is money-driven....and as far as I am concerned it disrespects the animal---besides being drugged, thier sit'n in a pen.

I can see nothing good being "passed on" or any preservation values here...is this how you would like your children growing up and thinking, "hey, this is Ok, this is how it is done".

Whether the WHA is intentionally taking away from these things or not, they ARE! Plain and simple.

You are right on the money when you state that hunting is not like any mainstream sport and should not marked like one. The WHA is marketing it like one...go to their website and check it out for yourself.

There obviously isn't any one in thier organization that "shares our feelings and concerns"...if there is I haven't heard of any. The whole idea is ethically bankrupt.

If the WHA isn't saying "this is hunting...", why are they called the World Hunting Association? Hello?!

Yes, a lot of people have a problem with the fenced in aspect, good point. They, me included, would naturally be against this idea, then. I believe they are a lot of people who are indifferent to the penned deer, but dissapprove of this idea...sounds like a good poll idea to me....

Catch and release fishing like the professional fishing tours compared to darting a live deer with a high powered weapon, then administering drugs to "revive" it and hope it does ok seems a little more difficult to me than popping the hook out of a walleye and dropping it back in the water. Hunting is not catch and release, no matter how you spin it.

Your are again right to say that our hunting land and heritage are under attack, because they are every day. This is only fuel for the bac guys. Look at it this way. Regardless of how PETA views this, it is a lose lose situation for hunters and sportsman alike. If they support it, they will stand on the platform of "no need to kill deer, just dart them and let them go"...why should we kill them...I can feel the lobbyists now. So much for venison steaks tonight. If they don't support the idea, then we are all bad guys hurting these poor, poor animals for monetary benefit, fast cars, beautiful women, and a shot at fame. Ouch.

So much for the short version. I appreciate your views. It is necessary for us to see someone's point of view for the minority, and it takes guts to post it. Thank you for your post, and I am looking forward to reading more. Sorry my response may have gotten a little passionate. Iwish your kids the best hunting future God can give them.

Old 06-22-2006, 06:19 PM

I would like to suggest you go to the beginning of this thread and read all the way to the end. You will gain a pile of info and insight into the subject to help you on this subject. Spend the time and read, you will be glad you did.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:57 PM

Hey fella's-
I just posted a poll to see how many oppose the WHA Tour only because they take place in pens, soley because of the methods and goals of the tour or all the above. Check it out and participate. Thanks.

Old 06-26-2006, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

BEING NEW TO THE SITE I HAD NOT HAD A LOT OF TIME TO LOOK AT ALL OF THE THREADS AND INFO ON THE W.H.A. BUT OVER THE WEEKEND I HAD A CHANCE TO CATCH UP. AND "UPON FURTHER REVIEW" IT JUST SOUNDS WEIRD, WHATS WITH ALL THE WORD PLAY FROM THE W.H.A. THEY SOUND IF THEY ARE TRYING TO MAKE HUNTING POLITICALLY CORRECT (NON-LETHAL, HUMANE DARTING). ITS LIKE THEIR SAYING SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH REAL HUNTING. WITH ALL OF THE HUNTING SHOWS AND FORMATS THAT ARE OUT, THAT ARE VIEWED AND CONSIDERED ACCEPTABLE, WHY WOULD THEY TAKE SUCH A DRASTICALLY DIFFERENT APPROACH? IF THEY WOULD HAVE COME OUT WITH A FORMAT LIKE HEY WE HAVE TEAM REALTREE,TEAM KNGHT AND HALE, TEAM MOSSY OAK, (JUST EXAMPLES)AND THESE TEAMS ARE GOING TO COMPETE IN THE 06-07 SEASON ALL OVER THE COUNTRY TO SEE WHICH TEAM CAN TAKE THE TOPSCORING WHITETAILSAND HAVE THEM COMPETENOT FOR MONEY BUT FOR BRAGGING RIGHTSOR THERE NAME ON A GOLD RACK TROPHY AS THE CHAMPIONS FOR THAT SEASON. EVEN SOMETHING LIKE THAT WOULD TAKE HEAT FOR PROMOTING HUNTING FOR JUST BIG BUCKS BUT THAT IS ALREADY A PROBLEM IN THE HUNTING INDUSTRY. SOMETHING LIKE THAT COULD STILL PROVIDE ADVERTISING AND MARKETING FOR THE HUNTING INDUSTRYAND POSSIBLY BE ENTERTAINING TO WATCH. AND AT LEAST IT IS IN LINE WITH SOME OF THE OTHER SHOWS AND HUNTING DVD/SHOWFORMATS THAT ARE OUT. THE DETAILS OF THE DARTING AND THE VETERINARIAN AND THESE FENCED FARMS AREDISTURBING AND YOU CAN SEE HOW THE MAJORITY OF THE HUNTING COMMUNITY IS RESPONDING. IT MAKES ME WONDER"WHO WORKS OVER THERE?" DIDN'T THEY ANTICIPATE PEOPLE BEING OFFENDED BY THIS. ANYWAY THANK FOR THE POST POINTING ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION FOR THE INFO. ON THE W.H.A.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

WHA has updated their website.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I NOTICED THAT THE W.H.A. SITE HAS BEEN UPDATED. THEY HAVE A PARAGRAPH FROM DAVID FARBMAN AND ONE FROM THEIR BIOLIGIST, CHUCK SYKES OFFERING UP SOME DETAILS ON THE DARTING AND UPCOMING W.H.A. PLANS. THEY STATE THAT HUNTING LICENSE NUMBERS ARE STEADILY DECLINING AND YOUTH INVOLVEMENT IS ALSO DOWN. THEY BELIEVE HUNTING NEEDS, AND I QUOTE "A SHOT IN THE ARM." WHILE THE FACTTHAT LICENSE NUMBERS ARE DOWN AND NEWCOMERS TAKING UP HUNTING IS DOWN ARE IMPORTANT, AND HUNTERS SHOULD DEFINITELY BE CONCERNED ABOUT THESE THINGS, THEY DO LITTLE TO EXPLAIN HOW THE W.H.A. WILL HELP THAT. ALSO, THEY HAVE TO KNOW OF ALL OF THE CRITICISM THEY ARE RECIEVING ACROSS THE INDUSTRY YET THEY DON'T EVEN REALLY ACKNOWLEDGE IT OR ADDRESS IT OTHER THANTHE TWO PARAGRAPHS FROM FARBMAN AND SYKES. COULD IT BE THEY DON'T HAVE MUCH THEYCAN SAY?I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THERE IS NOT SOMEONE WITHIN THAT ORGANIZATION TRYING TOIMPLEMENT SOMEDAMAGE CONTROL, SOMEONE SAYING "HEY MAYBE THIS FORMAT ISN'T POPULAR AND ISNOT GOING TO WORK, WHAT (IF ANYTHING) CAN WE DO TO TURN THIS AROUND? I MEAN THEY HAVE EVERYONES ATTENTION AND LOTS OF PUBLICITY RIGHT NOW THEY SHOULD DO SOMETHING MORE THAN COMING UP WITHTWO PARAGRAPHSON THEIR WEBSITE. THAT'S JUST MY OPINION, BUT IM PRETTY SUREIF THEY DON'T YOU WILL HEAR THE TOILET FLUSH ON THE W.H.A. CONCEPT BEFORE TOO LONG!!

Quick Reply: Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.