Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?! >

Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

Old 06-13-2006, 12:00 PM

Default RE: Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

Am I missing something here? How can these animals be "legendary" as the video claims when they are born and bred in a high fenced area and only people who can afford the price tag have ever seen them? And I have seen what my bow at 43 pounds can do with a practice tip ... what stops the arrow in a 75 pound or greater pull? I mean, what literally stops that arrow and keeps it from breaking a rib or other bone or hitting a lung or the heart? Can you only shoot the deer in the rump or what? And where did the huge house, fast car, and all the women come from? Plus, I am finding it a little demeaning to women because it insinuates that these women are after this man because he won all this money from shooting a tranq into a deer .... if that is so where are all the groupies for Ralph Ciancurilo(sp?), Michael Waddell, Jim Shockey, Bill Jordan, T-Bone, etc? Do they not make enough money to rate groupies or is it because they don't tranq the animal? (Or did I miss that too?) And in the video Farberman just reminded me too much of a politician to be taken seriously.

I apologize if my sarcasm and serious disgust is showing through but I am having trouble taking this insanity seriously -- and I am sure that this attitude is the same throughout the hunting community. But then there is the fear that somewhere people are taking it seriously and that there are people who will support this crap. And that if we don't take it seriously it will come back to haunt us.

I was happy to see that his "sponors" have, for the most part, denied (or pulled out at the last minute) and hope and pray that they continue to do so -- whether guided by the fact that it is the right thing to do or the fact that they will be losing major money from the real hunters out there and look forward to the day when the site is taken down and the idea is just another urban legend.

Shannon
Old 06-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Typical Buck

Well done Justin, you definately understand what the true heritage of hunting is all about. Thanks for taking the time to write.

Too bad not everyone who lives in our hunting community can perceive things the way we do.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:15 PM
Spike

Very well said Justin.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Reply email from G5

HelloRobert,

Thank you for your e-mail. We at G5 outdoors are very interested in your concerns. As of4:00 p.m. onJune 12, 2006we have withdrawn our support and sponsorship of the WHA. Our only intent was to grow archery. This is clearly not happening. Please explain to your friends and fellow hunters that G5 in no way intended to offend anyone and that we have listened to your voice. Thanks again for your correspondence.

Sincerely,
Peter Crawford
National Sales Manager
G5 Outdoors
Old 06-13-2006, 08:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Absolutely well written Justin and I thank you very much, keep the good fight.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:31 PM
Banned

Well written Justin; hope your input helps.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great points all....one thing I would like to add...maybe someone said it already and I missed it...but what they talk about is not hunting simply because they are not out there to harvest game. I do not hunt to kill, I kill to hunt and that is something that anti's will never get. When you or I go hunting it is with the objective of taking game and regardless of whether that actually happens, with that intent, its hunting. Nothing else is.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:15 AM

Hey fellas. Rob is right, Greg hit it pretty much on the nose...good job.I commend all who have responded to this thread as well, whether just one word or a small book. It shows unity and common support of our heritage. If you would like some more info and AMMOon the whole WHA deal, check out Mike Hanbacks Big Buck Zone blog at outdoorlife.com.Mike is also a professional contributor to this site as well. Here is the link:

http://mikehanback.blogs.com/

Go ahead and read the blogs he wrote about the WHA. He was pretty much the first to open up and reveal the whole thing and has done some very good research on the topic. His facts and points are very thorough and back up OUR STRONG FEELINGS AGAINST THIS with factSand opinions from the nations top biologists. He is well contected in the industry and has priceless resources at his disposal to help real hunters deal with this embarassment to our passion, tradition, herItage, and sacred sport. Check out all his blogs on the subject and then come back here and submit your support on this thread. Don't be afraid to respond to his blog as well. It will blow you away the response he is getting from this one topic. All the attention that this is getting is setting the WHA founder back on his heels, so we are doing some good.

Old 06-16-2006, 08:53 AM

DAVOH had already posted Mike's blog much earlier, sorry I missed that initially DAVOH and good job. Other outdoor writers kinda put this on the backburner or "3rd page story" untill they knew the majority of the hunting publics opinions on the subject in the initial news of the WHA competition. Hanback let the you-know-what fly right off the handle in the get-go, showing secure values and hunting ethics backed by personal feelings and facts with disregard for any backlash or caring what was politically correct. Be sure and check it out. The WHA is going all out to gain support and defend its "sport", we are making progress, but I have learned to "put the boots to 'em" once they are down, because occasionally they do get up and kick the crap out of ya.Don't let them get thier breath.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:46 AM
Fork Horn

Does anyone here have experience in PR or advertising? How can we get our message out(other than message boards and emails)? Lets face it guys, percentage wise, how many huntersare on message boards such as this? I'm the only one I know(personally). The media(even the outdoor media) isn't going to speak for us(obviously, since the only support we've seen is in writers blogs, no magazine will publish criticism for fear of losing business both in ads and readers), we need to speak for ourselves. We'vestarted the first step in communicating with the potential sponsors. It's time to get proactive and go afterboth the average hunter, AND the general publicand let them know what a sham this "organization", this "World Doping Tour" is. We need to tell the general public that these sad fewgreedy people who call themselves hunters, that they do not represent us.

Quick Reply: Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.