Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?! >

Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

Old 06-09-2006, 09:21 AM

Default RE: Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

I dont think would ever be that desprate to bring in more people to hunting. Pathetic is a good word. Im ashamed that the sponsers (which happen to be some of my favorite brands) would sink this low. BOOO!
Old 06-09-2006, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

OK, to contact Mike Stone at Eastman and let him know how you feel here is a link. [email protected] Get those e-mails to him. He will forward them to Farbman at wha.
See my last post about Eastman calling me if you have not seen it.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

I'm I the only one here that smells the rat... this thing reeks of PETA meddling... If this thing ever gets off the ground, the "middle" will be crying "why kill them? you can tranquellize them"...

I think this will go the way of the XFL. Or at least I hope so anyways. It turns my stomach.[:@][:'(][][&o]
Old 06-09-2006, 09:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

I talk to Mike Also real nice guy, I hope they pull there sponorship
Old 06-09-2006, 10:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

OK, the e-mail forthe guy that startedthis whole thing is [email protected] let him know how you feel!
Old 06-09-2006, 10:16 AM

Thanks Matt for bringing this to our attention.

Who the F? is WHA anyhow. Has anyone ever heard of these people before?

I would also like to echo Greg's sentiments posted much earlier. As well as, despite Matt's request to keep this a civilized ADULT conversation, say that this is B*llsh*t.

Here's what I just sent in my emails.... which everyone should be sending!!!

TO: '[email protected]'
I would sincerely like to request that you pull your support for the World Hunting Associations planned "World Hunting Tour." [/align] This concept, while possibly well meant in its intent, would be the worstthingto happen to the sport of hunting in our time.[/align] [/align] Tothe non hunting public, who wouldn't watch the show anyhow, there would simply be the image of trophy hunters out attacking, maiming and harassing animals for monetary gain.[/align] Inour youth, there would be a perversion of the true spirit of hunting. To them it would no longer be a natural expression of who we are and the role we play in nature, but rather a circus sideshow with no basis in the cycle of life.[/align] [/align] Hunting is about providing food for ourselves and our families. Hunting is about pride in the skills that we develop to partake in the sport. Hunting is about family and friends sharing common bonds.[/align] [/align] Hunting should never be a game show. And for this reason I again urge you to pull your support for the "World Hunting Tour."[/align] [/align] Thank You,[/align] Chris Tremblay[/align] Dighton, Massachusetts

And this is what I got back from Mr. Stone (probably a cut/paste...but that's understandable):

Mike Stone [[email protected]]

Thank you for your email. We are listening to our customers. In response to this kind of feedback, we held an emergency meeting with the CEO of the WHA yesterday. Both parties are meeting again next week. We have not signed any formal agreements agreeing to be a sponsor. We will issue a Press Release when a final decision is made. Again, thank you for your honest input. I can say that we are listening and this will influence our final decision.

Mike Stone

[/align]
Old 06-09-2006, 11:15 AM
Spike

I've emailed them as well. Hope they get the message. It should be loud and clear.

Old 06-09-2006, 11:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Excellent, gentlemen!

Here's the e-mail I just finished sending Mr. Grace at G5, and which will be changed to address each potential sponsor and sent their way as well...

Dear Mr. Grace,[/align][/align]It has recently come to my attention that G5 is seriously considering -- if not already on board with -- sponsoring an organization labeled "World Hunting Association" which will establish a "competitive hunting tour."[/align][/align]I feel this endeavor is extremely detrimental to the world of hunting, both inside our sport and especially outside. Perception is often reality, and we all know that the majority of Americans today do not in fact hunt; I can't possibly imagine what good would come of allowing this image proposed in this plan to be permeated among the populace.[/align][/align]I frequent several bowhunting forums on the internet, and prominently participate in one of them. I am including a link to a recent and ongoing discussion concerning this so you can get a better handle on how the general hunting public feels about this issue. There has already been much talk of boycotting the associated sponsors, though this e-mail is not meant to be taken in a threatening light. Rather, I hope it is one of enlightenment -- that possibly your company can come to the realization and understanding of how far off base the hunting community believes your values to be in support and sponsorship of this issue.[/align][/align]The link to the thread I mentioned above concerning the discussion revolving around this issue is http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1560996&mpage=1, and you'll see my personal thoughts on the fourth reply. I sincerely hope you'll click on the link and read through each of the replies, as this forum discussion accurately represents the prevailing thoughts of the hunting community at large, and hints at the backlash of the companies supporting this pseudo tour.[/align][/align]God bless, and good hunting[/align]Greg Staggs[/align]BowTech National Hunting Pro Staff[/align]
Old 06-09-2006, 11:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ok I talk to WHA guy(Mr. Farbman) this guy thinks he is Gods gift to bowhunting, he is real arrogant. I really have a bad feeling aboutthis guy. He seems(to me) to think he is our savior for hunting. I question his motives and integerity.
I have Called G5 and Eastman, The Governers Office here in MI. I have contacted my Rep in MI and congress. Please if you are against this let you voices be herd!!!
Old 06-09-2006, 12:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Trembow, it was not a cut-and-paste; I just received a similar response from Mr. Stone.

The president of XSG has requested I call him when I get a chance, and I will do so shortly.

Here's the response received from G5:

Good Afternoon Greg,[/align][/align]Thank you for the email and for letting us know of your concern regarding the "World Hunting Association". The G5 team has prepared a statement in reference to this issue. Weask that youplease read it andemail us again with any questions, concerns or comments that you may have. Your opinions and concerns are of the utmost importance to G5 Outdoors.[/align][/align]Sincerely,[/align][align=left]Christine Graham[/align]Customer Service Representative[/align]G5 Outdoors, L.L.C.[/align]810-392-8431[/align][email protected][/align][/align][/align] [/align]

WHA Statement

June 9, 2006

We here at G5 Outdoors would like to take this opportunity to talk with you about the World Hunting Association (WHA).

G5 is a family-owned and -operated company. President and co-owner Louis Grace, his sons and co-owners Matt and Nate Grace are passionate about archery and seek to preserve this right for generations to come. This passion derives from the very heritage and tradition of this sport. Our motto “Designed to Hunt” explains our mission and determination toward the hunt. Hunting to us means food on the table and, if we get lucky, a mount on the wall.

WHA and its founder Dave Farbman seek to promote the same hunting tradition in hopes of not only revitalizing the existing hunting community, but also expanding on this base to secure our hunting heritage. Mr. Farbman’s enthusiasm for hunting comes from his early introduction as a teenager, when he learned about the tradition and ethics that make hunting great. His bold plan intends to grow the enthusiasm for hunting by creating a new vehicle to educate, promote and entertain both the avid hunter and those who do not participate but have the interest and values to one day join us on a hunt.

G5 Outdoors has supported and will continue to support organizations that promote archery and its traditions of artistry, conservationism, community and family. To this end, G5 has supported many national organizations such as the National Archery Schools Program (NASP), Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NWTF, QDMA, ATA and thousands of local archery retailers, clubs, associations and community hunting organizations, which have sought to promote our way of life.

As passionate hunters, every one of us needs to do our part in securing the future of hunting. We at G5 feel there are many positive actions being taken by various groups in the hunting community to educate and promote hunting, yet more needs to be done to further our cause. If not and if we stay static, our hunting tradition will slip away.

We appreciate and value all your questions, comments and concerns about the WHA. We hope that you will continue this dialogue with us so that we may continue as a community to seek the best methods to promote hunting not only within the archery community, but also to those who do not currently share our passion.

Regards,

The G5 Outdoors Team
[/align]

Quick Reply: Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.