Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?! >

Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

Old 06-08-2006, 10:13 AM

Default RE: Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

Mt .02 - It's more like pseudo hunting than the real thing. Hunting has so much more to it than fishing's "catch and release" program.

Catch and release was started toimprove the image of the Bass pro circuits in the eyes of the anti-fishing folks. Plus maintain the stocks of fish being depleted by the commercial fishing industry.

Hunting to me is about catching and keeping what you kill and not bend to the antis like this suggests. Controlling populations and game management is the role of the hunter.This will only serve to divide the hunting community.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:15 AM
Spike

There are too many problems with this freakin fiasco to list. Suffice it to say, this is absolutely horrid. Thedarkarcher, on AT, is promoting this crap and seems to think the obvious problems with it, that are being pointed out by hunters, are no big deal apparently. So what if you break a rib or two, kill a few, all with the american public watching you go for the coin!

I've emailed sponsors and told them I will not purchase their goods if they don't pull out now. If you respect and care about the future of hunting, send emails and letters to the sponsors,your legislators, and your state F&G agencies asking that this be stopped before it goes in fron of the general public.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I started to read it sounded a bit like the Campbell Outdoor Challenge as far as a tournament style hunting scenario is concerned, which I do enjoy watching. The tranquilizer part floored me, I had to read it a couple of times to get that it was actually what the article is saying. I agree with the rest in that this is a terible idea for our sport, and to call it "hunting" is definitely incorrect nomenclature on their part. Darting animals is serious business and needs to be left to veteranarians. I find it hard to believe they even got the sponsors they did...wow.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:31 AM

This has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. Nothing like providing the anti's with more firepower against hunting.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:53 AM

My first pass through it and I figured it had to be a joke. 2nd time through and watching the video they have on the site and I was physically sick.

In thead/trailer they promote that if you win the competition you get money, women, fast cars and even a new house. It really makes me want to vomit.

Some things that leapt out at me-
[ol][*]This is HIGHLY ILLEGAL in most states, even on private land.[*]Tranqualizing animals and calling it hunting? Who could honestly enjoy hunting and allow this to happen? The backlash in Africa on the meatheads that do this with Rhino's has mobilized entire countries to change/modify laws.[*]The "footage" in their promotion is straight out of the editing rooms of quite a few of the hunting shows/dvd's out and watched now. Who supplied that?[*]As far as business ideas go this one HAS TO be doomed for failure, as ALL anti-hunters, Most non-hunters, and the Majority of Hunters will/should be against this.[*]This will only appeal to the same crowd that shoots animals in pens and high fenced operations. As this "use of animals any way we like" concept is the logical and scary progression of that mindset.[/ol]
I would honestly avoid any product or person accociated with something like this.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

The short version....I don't any bit of what that organization stands for and what they propose to do. Very, very bad idea to me.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am not even going to make an attempt to be articulate about this.What they are proposing is total HORSE S__T.It is perverse and offensive to me as a life long outdoorsman!
Any company that is involved with this as a sponsor or in any other way will never see another penny from me!!!!!!!!
Who ever is involved in this is no friend of the hunting community! The anti's will clean our clock with something like this!
Old 06-08-2006, 12:28 PM

I completely agree with all of you.....this is pathetic! I hate to see the sport going towards venues of this nature! These peopleobviouslyare missing the big picture and the true essensce of hunting....very sad!
Old 06-08-2006, 01:52 PM

this just disgusts me i have no further comment[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]
Old 06-08-2006, 01:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, I've sent e-mails to the listed sponsers and let them know I won't be buying products from them. I'll let you know how they respond if they do.

Quick Reply: Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.