Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you really need a $700 bow? >

Do you really need a $700 bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you really need a $700 bow?

Old 06-08-2006, 03:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Do you really need a $700 bow?

"do you need a $700 bow?"

Deal with what's eating you and you'll have the answer, to that and a lot more.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:56 AM

yep and I have several.. and a couple that were more than 700
Old 06-08-2006, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

Quote from LBR:

[blockquote]quote:

Folks will be much more impressed with you hitting the mark with a $50 bow than they will with you missing with a $1,000 bow.
[/blockquote]
[/blockquote]

Love LBR but I have to disagree with that. I'm impressed with the shooter, never the bow. The same shooter can do it regardless of the bow but I get the point.

The same shooter can do it regardless of the bow but I get the point.
I think that is a very general statement that may not necessarily true in all circumstances.

A person may have the capabilities tobuild the perfect bow to suit his/her needs/style/physical structure. Or could buy a $1000 bow thatmay not fit their style or needs of shooting at all. Of course this is looking at both sides of the spectrum without taking into consideration of anything in-between.But, areyou saying that an archer (the "same archer") can accurately shoot every style of bow out there reguardless of their individuality? Your statement quoted just above kind of sounds like it to me.

I think what Chad is saying is that the best suited bow for an individual may not be the most expensive out there. And don't be too persuaded in thinking that the most expensive bow out there will make you the most accurate. Find the one that meets your individual needs and style, and don't be too concerned if it is not the most expensive one.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:33 AM

ORIGINAL: RyanHarner

What makes an expensive bow better? Don't get me wrong: I know there are some major differences, but what are they.
It depends upon what your needs are. With the advances in materials and manufacturing processes, the lesser expensive bows of today are already vastly superior to even the top of the line bows of even 5 or six years ago. But even still, "vastly superior" is a VERY relative term. but then again, so is the term "need."

All you need to do is to have a bow that you can fire an arrow from with relative accuracy.

That said, some of the qualities from a "top of the line" bow include:

1. Vibration free
2. Hand shock free
3. Noise free
4. Build quality / materials
5. Smoothness of draw
6. Speed

Generally, the more you spend, the more of the above you get.

If these things are not important to you, then no, you will get nothing more from a more expensive bow.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can't buy accuracy, you simply must work for it!
Old 06-08-2006, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Greg had the right answer.Needs have nothing to do with wants though,and who is any body to tell someone what they should or shouldn't buy,provided they are not harming their family?
Old 06-08-2006, 12:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

and who is any body to tell someone what they should or shouldn't buy,provided they are not harming their family?
tsoc, just wondering what you are refering to.....
Old 06-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

No I dont really need a $700 bow, but its too much fun trying to convince the wife every other year that I do

Old 06-08-2006, 03:17 PM

So, what's REALLY the point here??
Old 06-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

No different than golf clubs, fly rods, tennis raquets, camping gear, running shoes, shotguns, paint ball guns etc...You get the picture. Each of these product groups has offerings among all the price points. The bottom of the scale running shoe will allow you to run a race. The top of the line running shoe will allow you to run a race more comfortably. No one can contest that the interior of a lexus is not a little more cozy than the interior of a plymouth neon. Just as no one can contest that the neon will get you from pt A to pt B, just as the lexus will.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.