Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hardcore and Hoytgirl want a back up bow >

Hardcore and Hoytgirl want a back up bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hardcore and Hoytgirl want a back up bow

Old 06-06-2006, 09:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hardcore and Hoytgirl want a back up bow

Ditto on everything buckeye said... including owning both bows, and the Allegiance being faster than your Trykon...

Hey, don't take my word for it... Rob chrono'd both of him. His findings, not mine. [8D]

Old 06-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Greg I must have missed that post when he chronoed them both. What were his results? Just curious.

My allie 5 GPP 29 inches 320 FPS. No $hit
Old 06-06-2006, 09:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

It was when he was doing all the reviews on them when deciding which one to buy ... Initially, the Ally he tested was a bit slower, but then he learned about the fast mods

Hardcore, the only problem Ican foresee with you buying a Tribute or Allegiance is once you get used to BowTech's butttery smooth draw cycle, you're gonna hategoing back tothat Trykon... [8D]
Old 06-06-2006, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am always hesitent to jump on any "band wagon", however, I would have to agree with the Allegiance getting the nod overthe tribute. Hey, I even like my 05 Allie better than the Tribute or Trykon.

Reading all of the press releases this winter I was seriously considering buying a Trykon until I shot it side by side with the Allegiance and of course the Tribute. All great bowsdon't get me wrong, but for me, my hands andmy ears just liked the Allegiance the best again this year. The extra speed was a bonus....
Old 06-06-2006, 11:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hardcore, for you the Tribute or the Allieigenceis a fine back up bow. But for Hoytgirl one bow you might want to look at is the Mathews Mustang. Its a sweet shooter for those with ashort draw length, its very fast and smooth too! Of course if you wanted to shoot Mathews, the Switchback XT would make a fine addition to the Trykon. Also one thing you might want to consider is just getting the same bows that you have now fully set up the same way. That we they will feel and shoot the same as your regular. I kind of have this, with the Switchback and Switchback XT. They are different but not by much, they feel and shoot the same. Provided they are both sighted in and tuned the same, with the same set up. I can shoot one all month and then pick up the other and shoot the same without missing a beat. Thats comforting to know and have on a hunt when I am several hours from home. Just my 2 cents
Old 06-06-2006, 11:25 PM

hmmmm instructor be makin some sense up in here now!!!

HCH Hgirl, I must admit that I have been a Hoyt addict for a looooooooong time. Even though my brothers shops were Mathews dealers (he finally hung it up last year after 20 years) and the shop I work for now is a Mathews dealer as well, I STILL was hooked on my old Hoyts. But that went out the window with my first twang on the string of Switchback XT. There might be faster bows out there, they might have neater gizmos and gadgets and they might shoot very well. BUTI seriously doubt that they can be any quieter or smoother than the Switchback XT.

What amazed me about the XT was that they are practically silent and have NO handshock or vibration and that is right out of the box. No string silencers, no stick on limb savers, no stabilizers. Just rig em and fling away!!! Just how short is her draw? I think the XT can be had in 25" lengths.

If she gets several bows of different makes then can we change her screename too "BowedUpGirl"???
RA