Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What do you like / dislike most about your pro shop? >

What do you like / dislike most about your pro shop?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Old 06-05-2006, 09:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default What do you like / dislike most about your pro shop?

Here is something else I hope you guys can help me out with.

What are the pros / cons about your local pro shop? What could they improve upon most?

I look forward to your feedback. Thanks.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:34 PM

Default RE: What do you like / dislike most about your pro shop?

Well, luckily I play pool in a weekday league with/against a guy at a nearby shop, so my service through him is pretty good, you know, getting little adjustments and what not for free while I wait, but I wish the new bows were cheaper
Old 06-05-2006, 10:18 PM

yeah i shoot a lot at my proshop. I shoot for free. also if i get fletchings or something put on my bow i dont get charged for the work just what i get. also they are friendly and we talk about a lot of stuff while I shoot and they work.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:19 PM

oh and what i dislike. some of the stuff is overpricedand i can get it cheaper somewhere else...but the reasons i listed above is why I buy from them.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm my own proshop. However I'll think in terms of those I either shot through or just bought my bows from.

First and foremost is a owner/techs that you can talk to one on one and they are interested in what you have to say not simply what they can sell you. Yes they are there to make money and stay open but customer service goes so much farther. It's about what the shop can do for the customer. "How can I assist you today?".

Tidyness of the shop, a well kept shop is important to me. Flexibility, this last particular shop opened for me on Sunday on two occassions because I simply wanted to shoot the bows. They figured on my sale but they didn't know, a gamble paid off. They didn't even charge me for shooting thier indoor, gave me free reigns on the bows, chrono etc...trusted me but they knew they could, they've known me through severals shops and wouldn't minded just handing me the keys. I know you can't do that with everyone.

Indoor ranges are a plus.

Dislikes, can't think of too many if at all in my last experience. Being around shops its attitude and honesty. One local shop is loosing customers because of his personality. It's a nice shop but he's unlikable and moody as hell. Also he's somewhat dishonest. He collected money for a big buck contest, kept the money and didn't award the prizes. Word gets out and a black mark will cost you. One other shop, dispite his posted hours, he simply was never there. Too many other interests and had his "wife" or kids watch the shop...you can't do that, you need someone you can trust with some knowledge behind the counter.

Old 06-05-2006, 11:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob, I too have now been on both sides of the fence. No I don't own my own shop but I work at one part time. For me it all comes down to friendly customer service, and the quality of the work done and service given. The words dependable and integrity also come to mind when I think of a good pro shop. If a shopcan live up to these standards then is should have a lot of repeat customers that are happy to spend a bit more for the excellent service.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Service
Service
Service

Your starting off in your garage. Just the thought of trying to find a place to park turns me off from going there. You better offer something I can't get at more convenient places, and that is service. Have a place, a table and some chairs, coffee's good and be the kind of person people can talk too. Guys will come in and shoot the breeze and before long you will be busier than you care to be. If you get in debt you'll be desperate and will begin to sell things that just arent what you'd buy. My first experience in a "proshop" was with a desperate guy who sold me not what he would buy but what he was stuck with. I've spent a lot of money since then and only a few dollars of it at his place.

You'd better check with your zoning depatment if for nothing more than to hang a sign. You also may have to bring your garage up to some kind of fire code.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:16 AM
Typical Buck

I have yet to find a shop who spends the effort to research and find new 'quality' products, tests them and decides to offer them. They all tend toward using something they have sold alot of or that's been around awhile. For example, you mention a new rest to your pro shop. They say, "I don't know about that one, but most of my customers want rest XXX and I think that will be a good one for you, too."

I want someone to give me what I want, not what they want me to buy!!!
Old 06-06-2006, 06:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Rob, I too have now been on both sides of the fence. No I don't own my own shop but I work at one part time
Don't get me wrong, I don't own a shop either, my statement meant I"m self sufficient with a press, string jig, arrow saw, fletch jig, chrono, bow scale, setup tools etc...... The only reason I have to go to a "pro shop" is to purchase and walk out with. But I understand what your saying and your exactly right.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks everyone.

Nodog.

Parking won't be a problem. Also, no need to worry about me going in debt and despertaly begging for sales as this is money I have set aside. Not a loan I have signed my life away on. If it works out I will be one happy camper. If it don't? Such islife.

Formula

I am a new gear junkie. If I told you how many bows and complete setups I have owned over the past few years you probably wouldn't believe me. I am pretty familiar with most of the gear on the market. Also being a forum junkie I see what everyone else likes and prefers as well.

Quick Reply: What do you like / dislike most about your pro shop?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.