Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is the MOST OVERPRICED piece of archery equipment on the market? >

What is the MOST OVERPRICED piece of archery equipment on the market?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is the MOST OVERPRICED piece of archery equipment on the market?

Old 06-03-2006, 09:51 PM

Default RE: What is the MOST OVERPRICED piece of archery equipment on the market?

I AGREE WITH OUTLAW ON THIS MATTER
Old 06-03-2006, 10:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is the MOST OVERPRICED piece of archery equipment on the market?

In the past 20 years, I've watched arrows go up 400% and bows have gone up 600%. I understand that the bows are new, highly sophisticated rigs compared to what I shot back then (even though the shots were still pass-thrus with a dead deer at the end of a blood trail). However, the arrows (XX75's) are still essentially the same and easton has really "shafted" us with their prices.

I love the sport and plan on doing it until I no longer can, and I'll pay the costs, but I've watchedthe pricesget more and more out-of-control every year.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:08 AM

Only a FOOL would pay $100 for a quiver!
http://cgi.ebay.com/TROPHY-RIDGE-BOW-ARCHERY-QUIVER-1-PIECE-MATHEWS-HOYT_W0QQitemZ7246186648QQcategoryZ20843QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Old 06-04-2006, 10:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Only a fool would run their mouth all the time like you do.

So, how about those trophies???I'm waiting.....
Old 06-04-2006, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

PSEMuzzy

titleAndStar(194,0,false,false,"","")
Rack Buck

[align=center][/align]
Only a FOOL would pay $100 for a quiver!
I guess I'am a fool many times over, I sure like my solid two piece raised Mathews quiver. They cost $115 but with the purchase of a bow we sell them for $95. They are one of the best on the Market, and made just for Mathews bows. Mathews is not the onlycompany todo this either.Look at it like this why spend $700 or more on a top of the line bow thats smooth and quiet then put on a cheap piece of crap $30 quiver, that makes a lot of noise. If thats the case just goaround togaragesells and pick up a used 80's modle bow for$25 to $50 then put your cheap ass quiver on it and your setfor hunting. It will still killanimals but just make a lot of noise doing it. I'llstick with and be happy with my ultra quiet set up and kill even moreanimals then you![:-]
Old 06-04-2006, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think bows are way over priced, but its not becasue of the Pro shops doing. I can't help but think the manufactures are making a butt load. Overall most things in archery are very expensive, that is compared to rifles. Most rifle hunters don't buy a new rifle in the same caliber every few years or each year. And for the most part they don't wear out like bows do. So in that aspect archery is very expensive.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:03 PM
Typical Buck

My choice is the ZipStrip. A tool for removing fletching from arrows.

Cabelas has it at 29.99 and with shipping $32.70.

I don't think they want to sell many of them.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

For all you guys who think bows are over priced.

Parker cost

450.00 Cableas sold the them 600.00 now this was 2 years ago. Bows are not overpriced, just very expensive to make. Pro shops are not making a ton of money of us. How many pro shop owners do you know that drive a Lexus? The ones I know live a very modest life and make a good living.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are plenty of things that are "overpriced" but it hasn't really stopped too many people buying it or else these things wouldn't be on the market. I definitely cringe when I pay for arrows, but how are you going to hunt without them? The hunters are as much at fault as the companies because we are the ones buying this stuff, which I am just as guilty, if not more, than anyone else. I love new stuff, latest patterns, all that good stuff...and it doesn't show any sign of letting up!
Old 06-04-2006, 06:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

I guess there is no pictures, just another guy who dreams about big deer,

Quick Reply: What is the MOST OVERPRICED piece of archery equipment on the market?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.