Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is the MOST OVERPRICED piece of archery equipment on the market? >

What is the MOST OVERPRICED piece of archery equipment on the market?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is the MOST OVERPRICED piece of archery equipment on the market?

Old 06-03-2006, 08:57 AM

Default What is the MOST OVERPRICED piece of archery equipment on the market?

What do you think is the MOST OVERPRICED piece of equipment for archery on the market?
I think the SIMS Limbsavers are way overpriced for just rubber, heck if a truck tire was made and sold of the same material these limbsavers are made of, the truck tire would cost you around $1500 a tire.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?rid=&indexId=cat20078&navAction=pu sh&navCount=1&cmCat=MainCatcat21424&pa rentType=index&parentId=cat20078&id=002623 9
Old 06-03-2006, 09:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What is the MOST OVERPRICED piece of archery equipment on the market?

Simms can charge that because there is not a product that can rival it's effectiveness.

Simms rules

I will have to go with bow quivers. Have you priced any top end quivers recently? They are all around the $100 mark.....
[/align]
Old 06-03-2006, 09:33 AM

Default RE: What is the MOST OVERPRICED piece of archery equipment on the market?

I been waiting for this thread to pop up.....

I'm gonna say broadheads. Holy moly, batman!! $30+ for 3??!!!!!! Outrageous! With as many as there is to choose from, I would think the competitive market would bring that down.

Then I'm gonna go w/ carbon lined clothing. Simply ridiculous!
Old 06-03-2006, 10:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Broadheads, followed by some sights.

Old 06-03-2006, 10:36 AM

i would have to say arrows, just because some of them cost around $200 a dozen
Old 06-03-2006, 10:54 AM

[quote]I will have to go with bow quivers. Have you priced any top end quivers recently? They are all around the $100 mark.....

Mark, I don't know where you are shopping, Macy's? But MOST quivers are around $20-$30. I've NEVER seeen a quiver that costs $100 and if I ever did I'd be darn if I'd buy it.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

Everything is overpriced in archery!!!! But the passion we have for it overrides our good senses and we buy it because we love it!

Sort of why we buy a band with a rock on it for a woman.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:39 AM
Banned

Everything about archery, any sport, hobby,or anything for keepingwomen happyis overpriced
Old 06-03-2006, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

mobow, are you whining about broadheads? JK, I know they are high, but I bet McDonalds has a few openings. HAHA Man the prices of almost anything in bow/gun hunting is high. I would have to agree about the sims products. Dang it's just rubber. And arrows have a pretty competitive market too. 200 for a dozen rigged out is crazy. About the only thing I have found in archery reasonably priced is the moleskin, field tips, and of course opinions on camo. HAHA

LT
Old 06-03-2006, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

The cost of new bows.

I mean, come on, we all know that if we wait a few years the bow that's now $600 will cost $200. If the shop owner is still making money, well then, that's a good 200-300% markup and it's a big money item.

Broadheads as overpriced...not really. Contact someone in the medical supply company, and price what a surgical stainless scalpel blade costs to manufacturer and buy. You're looking at about $1.75 each for a size #22, probably about $1.50 for a size #15 Hence, broadhead blades probably cost about $1 each just to manufacturer (based on thickness and shape). Let's see...3blades*3broadheads = $9 just for the stainless blades. Now add in the ferules and the tips, plus possibly locking washers/o-rings and "safety" packaging, and I'm sorry charlie, but I would bet the markup on broadheads is probably 100% for most...

Quick Reply: What is the MOST OVERPRICED piece of archery equipment on the market?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.