HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Beman Black Max or Easton Axis? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/143979-beman-black-max-easton-axis.html)

Trembow 06-01-2006 10:10 AM

Beman Black Max or Easton Axis?

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Beman Black Max and the Eason Axis shafts?

The only difference I can see on paper is that the Black Max is rated a bit straighter (.003 versus .005).

Thanks!
Chris

mobow 06-01-2006 03:02 PM

RE: Beman Black Max or Easton Axis?

They are just pretty darn close to being the same arrow. Made by the same company and all. The Beman's are just less expensive. If it were me, I'd go w/ the Beman.

Trembow 06-01-2006 06:37 PM

That's what I'm thinkin!

TerryM 06-01-2006 07:36 PM

Being that they have different weights per inch and different straightness tolerances I don't see how they are the same arrow? I looked at both and went with the Bemans.

bigcountry 06-01-2006 07:43 PM

Black max are much heavier, little skinnier. Alot of difference. I shoot the black max. Had some quality issues with spine depending on arrow oriantation on a few. But overall, a good arrow, that will pentrate far.

mobow 06-01-2006 08:34 PM

mobowhuntr bad........there are certainly some weight difference, I mis-spoke. OK, so back to the drawing board. Do you want the weight, or do you want light? Black Max 400 is about 1 gpi heavier, so @ 29" you'd have a 29 gr. heavier arrow, give or take a little.

Given that info.....which I should have been better informed of before, I apologize, I'm gonna have to recend my last and go w/ the Axis. I have no desire for an arrow w/ that kind of weight, but that's just me.

nubo 06-01-2006 09:07 PM

I think the Black Max's are a bit heavier than the Axis's in the same spine ,but the Black Max's do have a bit of a better straightness tolerence.I use the Axis's and my friend's use the Black Max's and both these arrow's are good choice's .If weight is an issue then go with the Axis's .i have a 28" arrow and it way's 414 gr which to me is perfect .
Axis's or Black max's ,just flip a coin.

nubo

Trembow 06-02-2006 07:48 AM

Thanks fellas. I currently shoot 27.5" Axis 400s with 100 grain tips and blazers for an arrow that weighs about 390 grains. I'm not afraid of a little more arrow weight. 417 grains sounds just about right for a hunting arrow to me.

The fact that I can get a dozen Black Max shafts for $10 cheaper than the Axis shafts got me wondering.

Greg / MO 06-02-2006 12:05 PM

Aw, c'mon Trembow... You shoot a $700 bow and you're quibbling over $10? [8D]

Trembow 06-02-2006 12:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Aw, c'mon Trembow... You shoot a $700 bow and you're quibbling over $10? [8D]
I know! Blame it on my Yankee "thriftyness!"

Actually, I just want an excuse to wear the neat FREE Beman hat I got. :D