Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Slick-Tricks - Retooling Until June 1st. >

Slick-Tricks - Retooling Until June 1st.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Slick-Tricks - Retooling Until June 1st.

Old 06-01-2006, 08:17 AM

Default RE: Slick-Tricks - Retooling Until June 1st.

ORIGINAL: Mykey
I agree and so do i!
LOL

Reminds me of a poem:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I'm shizophrenic
And so am I!

I will be test flying some ST's this year as soon as the new 100 grain heads are available. July will be fine with me, I just had shoulder surgery yesterday and won't be able to shoot for a few weeks anyhow. It'll take me a month to get back up to snuff so an early August delivery will be perfect!

OldHootOwl...

Will the ferrule be changed at all? Or will it be only a new blade?

Will the new blades fit the old ferrule?
Old 06-01-2006, 08:38 AM

Bull ampa, since you posted that I have been breaking my neck trying to find a Mustang. As to the 06 heads, been wrestling with manufacturing, but they are going to be later than planned, will ship sometime next month. Until then, I have stocked a few 05s for those who have to have them now. By the way, the new blades will be exactly like the old blades, just new edges. As far as ordering the 06s now, you could and put on the order form SHIP 06 ASAP. Although when I finally ship in July I will post that on the site, and there won't be a problem ordering them and getting them shipped promptly. Good news is I have confidence new blades will be met with approval.

This is my favorite all time post on blades. It came from another forum about sharp blades. Before I post, let me say that the heads mentioned are some of the best rated in terms of sharpness.

"I recently bought some of the NAP heads with diamize blades and them things couldn't cut butter much less a rubber band! Very disappointing. Tryed Wasp-nothing special, tryed Stingers-nothing special. I was able to put an edge on the 125 grain stingers that did make you handle them very carefully. Tried Wac em Tritons- nothing special. Tried Razorcaps-nothing special although I do like the head design and they fly like bullets, pain in the butt to sharpen to my standards, almost impossible. My quest for a scary sharp head continues and I guess I will try Rocky Mtns next."

So as you see, sharpness is in the feel of the beholder.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sharpness being in the feel of the beholder is a very good point. I got some Slicks in about a month ago now and they are plenty sharp for me. Maybe I don't know what sharp is, but from the post above, that guy isn't happy with anything. I'll stick with the Slicks and be happy!
Old 06-01-2006, 11:02 AM

My question is, Just how sharp does a blade need to be to kill efficiently? I mean sure sharper is better, but with the speeds we're shooting these days the edge of a spoon would probably get the job done. I mean does the thing have to be sharp enough to cut a human hair lenghtwise? Didn't Indians kill all kinds of things using stone and flint broadheads. I'm not saying that stone would be sharp enough, or a spoon, but just how sharp is sharp enough? Just think that wanting heads that could perform plastic surgery on a person is a bit overkill for hunting. I havenever had a probelm with penetration using BH's right out of the box, but maybe I'm a unique example. JMO
Old 06-01-2006, 11:22 AM

as long as they're sharp enough to cut the tissue and not drag it out the exit hole - plugging it up - i'm happy.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:57 AM

I think that the slick tricks were pretty sharp but thats just me.
Hey PSE Muzzy, why is your avatar of a buck humping a doe???
Just because you cant get some but he can doesnt mean you need to humiliate him. J/K LOL

But seriously????
Old 06-01-2006, 12:06 PM

I agree with Turtleshell, I think all the broadheads are plenty sharp to do the job effectively. I'm more concerned about broadheads shooting the same as my field points, and also how wella broadhead holds up structurally after hitting bones.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:08 AM

I have been shooting Slick Tricks ever since I start bowhunting last year and they are all that I ever will shoot. My brother and buddy both shoot Stingers and both shot deer that left very little blood trails. After they saw the holes my Tricks left, they are switching over. I love these heads so much that I spent an extra $12 to have all of my blades sent to a guy in New York off of Archerytalk who sharpens blades professionally. They are now as sharp as any blade I have seen and I can't wait to drive one through some brown hair this fall.
Nate
Old 06-02-2006, 10:17 AM

I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon with a comment. Tried them first time last year, bought 2 packs, no problems with blade sharpness (all blades shaved hair on arm)...harvest 2 mature does with same head....one shot was about 15 yards away and I made a bad shot from being unbalanced (Yes I know that was stupid)....anyway shot went completely through the mid portion of the spine and through the ribs and exited...the deer did drop in its tracks and it was a quick kill because of the spine shot...anyway no damage whatso ever to the blade....I'll be using them again this year...I love them...but hey..to each his own....
Old 06-02-2006, 10:24 AM

ORIGINAL: Dr Andy

I tried them 2yrs ago on a friends advice. At 13yds the ST just stuck into the shoulder of a large 8-point. We found the broken arrow,only 2" went in. My friend agreed the muzzy's I normally use would have gone right on through. I'm sold on Muzzy!
Very interesting. Thank you for the point of view...I thought it was funny cause the reason I tried Slick tricks was because the exact same thing happened to me as you spoke of, but with Muzzy's...but the deer was a doe...she was about 22 yards a way..the shot hit her shoulder blade and the tip and 2 blades broke off when it hit the bone..it did not go through the shoulder blade...but its interesting, and I enjoy hearing everyones experiences...and if the muzzy's work you...keep on keeping on...good hunten my friend....

Quick Reply: Slick-Tricks - Retooling Until June 1st.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.