Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Blinds

Old 05-22-2006, 06:27 PM

Default RE: Blinds

I HAVE HAD GREAT LUCK FROM MY TWO BLINDS THAT ARE SET UP ON TWO DIFF FUNNELS, MY LAND IS NOT A LARGE PIECE OF LAND BUT I AM LUCKY THAT MANY DEER CROSS IT WHEN COMING OUT OF THE SHEN NAT. PARKTOO GET TO THE FIELDS BELOW ME. GIVE IT A TRY YOU WONT BE SORRY.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:10 PM

I've only hunted out of the Ameristep Doghouse with the small shoothrough portholes open. I'm contemplating getting a larger hub style blind - not a double bull simply because I'm not willing to invest that much yet. But I wanted to know for you guys that use the hub style blinds with shoot through screens on all sides, do you feel its easier for the deer to see you or detect slight motion? The window screens seem so large even if they are camoed. What's been your experience? I had the feeling a doe spotted me through the tiny porthole on my Doghouse once this year. Thx.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:18 PM
Banned

Chucker I have a BS5 Double Bull that has a huge screened corner in it..nothing can see you if you keep the background black...it is like a one way mirror.
Old 05-25-2006, 05:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

But I wanted to know for you guys that use the hub style blinds with shoot through screens on all sides, do you feel its easier for the deer to see you or detect slight motion?
Even with a blind that has screen on all sides I do not believe anyone actually has all four sides of screens open at the same time. Even with the screens it is too easy to be silhouetted or just have the deer spot movement. The exception might be if you are setup against a dark background such as an evergreen tree, etc....
Old 05-25-2006, 05:28 PM
Banned

Right..shut the windows behind you to make it dark inside.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

nothing can see you if you keep the background black
This isn't true, unless you are wearing black!! If you wear black gloves, face mask, and put black on the front face of your bow, then it is true, you become part of the black hole, BUT if you don't wear black gloves, black face mask, etc., you can be seen!! If ya don't beleive it, get in the blind, or have someone get in the blind, and move thier hands up and down, or move thier face from one side to the other, that movement can be seen!! This is especially true if the sun is shining into the blind, at all!! If the sun is behind the blind or to the side of the blind that is all closed up, then it is very difficult to see anything in it, black or otherwise!!
Old 05-25-2006, 07:34 PM
Banned

I guess I just take that for granted that people know to wear black and match the background...ninja gear...you are right
Old 05-25-2006, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

We have used ground blinds to great success. We use pop-ups of many makes and models, brush blinds built with logs, limbs and grass, or wooden blinds I build myself. We get many clients that for whatever reason cannot or do not want to climb to a stand, so we do what we need to accomodate them. We use them for turkey and deer hunting. The main things to remember is to keep the backside closed so as to not silhouette yourself and wear appropriate clothing to conceal your movement. Brush them in with the natural surroundings.They work great and you can get away with much more movement. Great to use with young children that may be figity. I personally have several. I have set a Double Bull ina field next to a round bale and it just looked like another round bale to the deer, because they were used to the bale being there. Have even sat between 2 round bales and had deer within a few feet of me.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:56 AM
Banned

Deerdust, I too have set them up next to a round bale and they work great..looks like another bale..they also sure help scent control too.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:32 AM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

ORIGINAL: Campo

I am investing in a double bull matrix, after alot of consideration.

What is this brushing in that your speak of?
I have seen many people talk about it, but have no idea what it means.
Brushing it in means taking some surrounding brush,or tall grasses or whatever is in the area and placing on and around the blind to help make it look natural and blend in. Break up the roofline.
Very true Hardcore. It usually takes about 2 minutes to brush in my Matrix or T5. A couple of branches on the roof of the blind and your set!!

Quick Reply: Blinds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.