Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I'm going with the whisker biscuit, but which one? >

I'm going with the whisker biscuit, but which one?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'm going with the whisker biscuit, but which one?

Old 05-21-2006, 08:28 PM

Default RE: I'm going with the whisker biscuit, but which one?

Thanks for all the replies guys. I think I will go with the Deluxe model. Set up my backyard range for the first time tonight and was in the zone. Feels good to be shooting again. Gonna get to the proshop this week to get the biscuit.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:16 PM
Typical Buck

Good choice, I know a lot of people are going to the fall away rest which is fine just not for me. I like to stalk hunt and feel that it would be to much trouble to keep hold of the arrow. I went with the beluxe whisker biscuit QS. I went with it due to the adjustment marks etched in it this way I know if anything is off. One big thind to do is get some No snow water repellent and spray it on if you just in rain or snow. Have fun, be safe and good hunting.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

What is an STS?

STS Rear Mount

Pictured to the left is the new 2006 STSrear mount in anodized black. This STS mounts to therear (or inside) stabilizer hole in the riser of your bow. The new E.D.S.
( Extreme Dampening System) stopper on the end of the STS should be barely touching your string once installed correctly. When you shoot your bow, the string will contact the E.D.S. stopper, thus stopping the normal forward travel of the string. Instead of traveling past the string's resting point (a common cause for wrist/forearm string slap and many errors cause by movement during the shot), the string is stopped at the resting point. This allows you to be more accurate without the worry of string slap or fouled shots due to excessive movement. In addition, the STS system is an effective dampener. This will allow you to remove the speed robbing string silencing accessories, thus giving you more speed.
Included with the STS system is serving material. Though not likely needed, you can wrap this around your bowstring where it contacts the rubber stopper to ensure that there is no excessive string wear. For those of you who prefer not to serve your string, please use some extra bow string wax in the area the E.D.S. stopper will come into contact with your string.
Also, included in the new STS's is a BigJax rod dampener made by the BowJax Co. Slide this onto your STS rod to take out additional shock and vibration.
The new E.D.S. stopper is made from a softer rubber material to make it more quiet and more absorbing for noise and vibration.
The STS system is made from aluminum, so it will not bend or break as many cheap plastic imitations. If you have any problems at all, you can always call us or contact us through the website.
[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]
[/align][/align][/align]

Old 05-23-2006, 04:17 PM

[quote]I am not a fan of the whisker biscuit forpersonal reasons, but they are a excellent rest.

DEFINATELY THE QUOTE OF THE YEAR! He probably drives a FORD truck too.....LOL
Old 05-23-2006, 04:20 PM

[quote]What is an STS?

Looks like a piece of JUNK to me...............