Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

new arrows

Old 05-19-2006, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default new arrows

I need some new arrows. You can buy a pack of arrows like at cabelas or dicks that is all ready to go you just need to cut to length you want. Have any of you ever bought these pack of arrows they sell. I dont really care to much about shaft color and vane color.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:23 PM

Default RE: new arrows

Make sure they get cut off on an arrow cut-off saw. If you're going to have to take them to a proshop to get cut, you may as well support that shop by buying them there too.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:08 PM

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

Make sure they get cut off on an arrow cut-off saw. If you're going to have to take them to a proshop to get cut, you may as well support that shop by buying them there too.
Bingo! Just get them from your local pro shop.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

i wouldnt expect the guy 2 be nice if you bring in arrows boughten from someone else
Old 05-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

Bingo! Just get them from your local pro shop.
I will 3rd that.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

One time I bought arrows through Bass Pro Shops in Gurnee Illinois, and I was actually very happy with them as far as arrows would go. Fletching was properly applied, and the arrows where done well.

But, I too, believe in supporting your local pro shop and would never do it again. I'd rather talk with the guys I know by name, and who see me more often (they have little employee turn over). And the guys at my local pro shop are just that...PROS!
Old 05-21-2006, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

One could say I might be biased towards a pro shop because I work part time their. But I have seen time and time againwhen someone comes into the store with discount arrows bought from Sportsmans Warehouse, Big 5 sports, Gart Sports or even Walmart and they are the wrong size spine for thelength andpoundagethey are shooting. We charge $4.00 a dozen to cut arrows not bought in our store. If we glue in the inserts we charge another $2 bucks on top of that. But most of the time the arrows are not of the correct spine and we end up selling them new arrows. I had a fellow this pastwinter refuse to listen to my advice of either buying new arrows from us and returning his others or at least just trying a few out before I cut all three dozen arrows. He seemed a bit angry and frustrated at me and justwanted me to cuthisthree dozenarrows, which were the wrong spine and way to light for his bow. He said buying arrows from us was a rip off and I was just trying to get a unneeded sale from him. So I shut my mouth didn't say a thing more and cut them at his request.He thenwentupstairs and shot them in our indoor range and couldn't hit his hat or tune his bow with them. One of ourpro sponsoredshop shooter wasup withhim trying to help him tune his bow. Well after a hour or sothis fellow came down a bit mad at himself saying he should have listened to my advice before I cut all of his new arrows. Long story short he wasn't able to take his arrows back and he ended up buying a dozen more from us that were a better arrow, and theywere proper spined.He was able to sell them on Ebaybut henot for the pricethat he paid forthem and to haveme cut them.I don't care were you live find a good pro shop and support them. They can and will help you out in times of need!
Old 05-21-2006, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

good advice idahoeelkinstructor,support your local shop
Old 05-21-2006, 05:11 PM
Dominant Buck

Amen!!!