Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pimp My Ride Red Neck Style !!! >

Pimp My Ride Red Neck Style !!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pimp My Ride Red Neck Style !!!

Old 05-17-2006, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pimp My Ride Red Neck Style !!!

ORIGINAL: PSEarcher149

I've kept out of this argument but I just have to ask something. So, if we don't like a certain truck, then we're supposed to buy it just because it'll help out someone else? If you want to help someone else in your country, then give to some charities. Personally, I don't really like the look of a lot of the trucks out there today. However, I do like the Tacoma and Tundra. Plus, I've been in quite a few and I like the Tacomas the best. So am I a traitor too just because I bought something that I liked instead of something else that I didn't?
IMHO personal taste is an important factor in buying a vehicle. No question about it. I guess I have more of an issue with people who stray for less legitimate reasons like "Toyota has never had a recall" or "All GM vehicles will blow up at 50,000 miles", etc etc etc. If you've done your homework, know the facts, test drove several makes and still chose an import then so be it. That's the nature of a competitive economy.

As far as the hunting trucks on this thread go, there are some beauties. I really like the old chevy's that keep on running.

By the way, I have never owned anything but a GM vehicle. They have all lasted over 200,000 miles. An 88 Lesabre made it to 350,000 before selling it to my aunt. She's still driving it. The plant that built that car in Flint MI is closed today. I also own a '04 Grand Prix that drives like a dream.It's got a3800 engine that rocks but unfortunately that plant is closing too. My wife drives a GMC Envoy. Never had a problem with it except hitting a deer. That one was made in Oklahoma City which was announced to close earlier this year as well. Am I sensing a trend here? Hopefully I'm not the curse!
Old 05-17-2006, 06:07 PM
Dominant Buck

When I think of how long a Toyota, Honda, or Nissan will last, I think of 250,000 - 300,000 miles. I know there's going to be tons of examples of people on here who have a GM or Ford who made it much longer --but when I think of the average lifespan of one of those, I'm honestly thinking it's 100,000 miles. That perception, or reality -- if you will, is admittedly changing over the last few years, but it IS based in reality.

Case in point: My Jeep Grand Cherokee required a new rear end (spline gears completely stripped out), new transmission, new radiator, and it eats front rotors like they're going out of style (a problem documented by Jeep in internal memos) -- all before I hit 75,000 miles.
That's because it's made by Chrysler corporation and it's a crate on wheels. I would never let any of my love ones buy a Grand Cherokee. They are a POS right off the lot. My Expedition has 260K on it and it drives like the day I bought it. I thought I had a few miles on it but then I found one with over 400K. I guess mine is just getting broken in.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:38 PM

ORIGINAL: krojemann

I am eternally grateful that you are able to enjoy that freedom of choice. I just can't begin to imagine why anyone would choose foreign over American products when given the option.
1. They are eye appealing
2. They get good gas milage
3. The have a dependable reputation
4. Bad past experieces with GM
5. Got a good deal on it
6. I've always loved them
7. Is perfect for my needs

Do you need me to keep going?
Yes..........because all of those can be found with an American product. I still see no reason to buy foreign in your list.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:41 PM

Don't hate me because I drive something I like.
I don't hate you.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:31 PM

ORIGINAL: atlasman

I am eternally grateful that you are able to enjoy that freedom of choice. I just can't begin to imagine why anyone would choose foreign over American products when given the option.
5. Got a good deal on it

Yes..........because all of those can be found with an American product. I still see no reason to buy foreign in your list.
What the hell? You can't tell someone that they think certain products are eye appealing. What if he got a better deal on a Toyota than on another company? If I had the opportunity, I'd spend a few thousand less to get something that will work about the same or possibly better. You can't tell him that he's always loved American products. You can't tell him what's perfect for his needs. And also, if I have bad experiences with a company, then I'd change too. So, no, you can't find all those things with American products.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:48 PM

AntlerAddict07

atlasman. I think you are a good man. If you live in America and buy a toyota...we should deport you just like a mexican, because ur JUST AS IGNORANT as one. You live in america so dont buy a toyota or nissan piece of crap. and jimbohunter I guarantee my 1988 ford f-150 with 234k on it will run around your toyota. Also, my 2002 expedition will run circles around your piece of junk toyota tacoma. And, when i buy my 2000 dodge 2500 slt laramie with a cummins turbo diesel... I will just drive over the top of your foreign junk.You are a disgrace to the word American.
Wow, those are some pretty judgemental and harsh words, AntlerAddict. Does this mean that I'm not going to be invited to your birthday party this year?

By the way, I did a couple of quick searches and came across some other inspirational posts that you've written, so I guess I'll have to consider the source and not get too upset about your attack. Seems like you're full of intolerance and hatred... It's sad that a youngster like yourself isso ignorant:

AntlerAddict07

you are darnk lucky 24/7 hunter at the catholic school i go to everyone is all up tyte about that stuff... me and my buddy were walking down the hall doing the hitler walk and we were walking at our gym teacher who is jewish and that got us 2 days in ISS. people are too up tight anymore.

AntlerAddict07

Yeah we have 6 more days left and it seems like an eternity. I quit doing homework the start of the 4th quarter and am just waiting for friday the 19th so i can start working and actually benefiting from wasting a whole day. I got in trouble yesterday for saying hte F word in morality class and had to writea 1 page paper on living a christian life and holding your tongue. then i turn around and say the N word today and get2 pages. 6 more days is all i keep tellin myself.
Very enlightening, indeed AntlerAddict. And you call ME a disgrace to the word American? Sorry to digress, everyone.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:58 PM

Old 05-17-2006, 09:04 PM

DODGE

Old 05-17-2006, 09:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Heres my 89 F350 with a 460. It gets a whoppin 8 miles to the gallon.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:30 PM

ORIGINAL: atlasman

5. Got a good deal on it

No reason for yourself

Quick Reply: Pimp My Ride Red Neck Style !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.