Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Wannabe Bowhunter.. Which beginner bow? >

Wannabe Bowhunter.. Which beginner bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wannabe Bowhunter.. Which beginner bow?

Old 05-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default Wannabe Bowhunter.. Which beginner bow?

Hey y'all... I have rifle hunted elk for the past 5 years and it is getting a bit eazy so I wanted to take up the challenge of bowhunting. My question is which bow do you recommend for a beginning bowhunter. I have a 27" draw and am looking for a bow that isn't real expensive for a first bow but doesn't have a lot of hand shock. I'd like it to be quiet, light, and short with fast arrow speeds but I know that is hard to attain witha lower budget. Anything from $350 to $600 would probably fit my price range. I am just worried about buying a real expensive first bow, losing interest, and getting stuck with a weapon I spent $800-$1000 on and have nothing to do with it. Thanks for your suggestions...
Old 05-11-2006, 02:32 PM

Default RE: Wannabe Bowhunter.. Which beginner bow?

Parker ,Diamond,Reflex,Browning,Yadda yadda yadda.To many choices,you need to go to a shop and shoot many different ones and see what feels best for you and your wallet
Old 05-11-2006, 04:14 PM

Yeah, what he said, but specifically....SERIOUSLY check out the Reflex Excursion and Highlander. EXTREMELY good bows for not a lot of money.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

You can always look into to a used bow! It sounds to me like a Bowtech Mighty Mite is what your looking for! Light, Short ATA, Fast, No Hand Shock and Super Quiet!! But you need to find a good pro shop that you TRUST and shoot all the bows that you possibly can! Each bow shoots different! The most important thing is get a bow that shoots good for YOU and fits YOU! Don't let a brand name fool ya, alot of the new bows out there today are very impressive! Happy Hunting!
Old 05-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Dominant Buck

WRONG on the Mighty Mite!!! The last thing a beginning archer needs is a shorty bow. He hasn't developed form or anything and every flaw will be exaggerated. He needs a longer axle to axle bow that will be a little more forgiving than the mighty might. I know EXPERT archers that tried the Mighty Might and gave it a fair evaluation. Their conclusion, it's a beesch to shoot compared to other bows of moderat length. I shot maybe 20 arrows through it myself and said, NOT FOR ME, and I can shoot anything.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

I'd have to agree with davidmil, you don't need nothing too short to start out with. As far as speed, any of the hunting bows out there will be more than fast enough to do the job.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

just go look and shoot everything but i can tell you this reflex is an extremely good line of bows
Old 05-11-2006, 09:39 PM
Fork Horn

Loose interest????? Yeah right!!!! Youll get hooked just like the rest of us bow junkies.Heck yes weve converted another one!!!!

Old 05-12-2006, 03:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Alpine Impact Extreme. Complete setup ill ship it for 225$
Old 05-12-2006, 12:06 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the replies fellas. I'm sorry TeeJay, but I'll have to decline your offer. A bow with just a 6 1/4 inch brace height isn't for me. Not very forgiving.

I'll probably have to go see the local shop and check some out. I'm haven't been properly instructed how to correctly shoot a bow so I don't want to go down there and hassle them with newbie questions etc.. I guess I just have a nack for making up excuses, lol. I doesn't help that my dad doesn't want to me to get a bow. He loves his rifle hunting and has brought me up on it.

Thanks again guys.. I'll keep up my search..

Quick Reply: Wannabe Bowhunter.. Which beginner bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.