Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting public land with an ATV? >

Hunting public land with an ATV?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting public land with an ATV?

Old 05-10-2006, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting public land with an ATV?

To me if you're to lazy to walk in maybe you should hunt closer to the truck. JMHO.[:@]
Old 05-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

To me if your honest opinion is that useless, maybe you should keep it to yourself . If you call not wanting to walk a couple hundred thousand very thick acres, lazy, then I'm guilty. It's a great way to scout the land and can be fun as hell. Again, there are legal ATV trailsin these woods. There WILL be ATVs on them, hunters and non-hunters. I'm the last person who wants to disrupt anyones hunt.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:08 PM

Keep the ATV's the H_ _ _ out of the woods during deer season! They are nothing but a pain in the rear for us hunters that are trying to hunt and don't want disturbed. As far as I'm concerned, the only people with ATV's in the woods during hunting season are the lazy "so called hunter" that is too stinking lazy to hike into the woods.
Leave 'em at home, we don't need them in the woods!
Old 05-10-2006, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

i'm not likein ur attitude on here pse, where in wv do you hunt? i ride down there all the time. might just have to do some ridin thru ur neck of the woods. me and my 2 stroke buddies, screamin down thru the woods
Old 05-11-2006, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Super: So if I offended but don't come on here asking for opinions and then whine when they don't match yours.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is a national forest here in Ohio where there are 4wheeler trails made for recreational 4wheeler use. You can hunt near the trails if you want, but the trails are open during bow season. It is not my place to get mad at people for using public land for its intended purpose, even if it screws up my hunting. They aren't doing anything wrong. And as far as being lazy goes, does that mean you use a hand saw instead of a table saw? Am I lazy because I sometimes use a 4wheeler to drag a deer out? I say I am efficient... LOL.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:37 AM

scout with it all that you like, but leave yah fowa wheelah pahk'd at home when y'out huntin ya bastahd.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice lookin rig redhawk. I've have a 450 honda and use it for short logging and plowing my 900 ft. driveway in the winter. Since I live here in the kootenai national forest I ride the forest all the time. Its legal as long as your have a forestry permit but you have to stay on the road so theirs not really no advantage to use one since you can't legally use them off road. Its just the enjoyment of riding it that I like and the game is not near as spooky as opposed to a truck. I have rolled it twice and the dang thing bout rolled down on me once and landed upright and kept on running. (more than I can say for myself.)

Bobby

**************NOBODY CAN EAT 50 EGGS******************
Old 05-11-2006, 03:20 PM

i'm not likein ur attitude on here pse, where in wv do you hunt? i ride down there all the time. might just have to do some ridin thru ur neck of the woods. me and my 2 stroke buddies, screamin down thru the woods

I really don't care what you like or dislike. I hunt in mainly in the Coopers Rock State forest, about 3-5 miles outside of Morgantown. If you would like me to draw you a map or give you much better directions, just let me know. If you would dare "ridin' thru my neck of the woods" with your 2 stroke buddies, screamin..........I'm sure not only myself but many other hunters and Buckeye busters would definately take care of matters. Look forward to "meeting" you, please write.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey PSE,
Was just up at Laurel Point soccer fields up there 2 weeks ago.
How's the hunting at Coopers Rock? It was a little slow down here near Huntington this year.

Quick Reply: Hunting public land with an ATV?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.