Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tru ball speed ball/spiders >

Tru ball speed ball/spiders

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tru ball speed ball/spiders

Old 05-08-2006, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tru ball speed ball/spiders

Has anyone used the Tru ball speed balls/spiders? Did you have a pickup in velocity? I'm just interested to see if these are worth the money.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tru ball speed ball/spiders

A long time ago I tried the spiders. I didn't like them though and took them off the bow. Didn't find them very effective. As far as speed, I really can not comment. I never ran them through a chrono.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:27 PM

If you have a newer bow with speed nocks ( a couple of nock sets with heat shrink on them near the bottom cam) I doubt you will see an improvement. The companies do pretty good job of placing them in the correct spot to begin with. As a matter of fact putting them on a newer bow may actually slow it down some if you don't get it in the right spot.

Now if it is an older bow with no speed nocks then it might help. The only way to know though is to play with the position while shooting it thru a chrono to see what gives you the best speeds. And if you have a single cam or hybrid you only need one on the bottom near the power cam. A true dual cam would need one near each cam.

Me personally I would not spend the time or money on them for what little it will gain you. You will not gain enough speed to change your trajectory or move your pins closer together. The only way you will know is shooting it thru a chrono. Just my opinion on them.

Paul
Old 05-08-2006, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

I used them on my last two bows and if you play wih them you can gain a fair amount of extra fps. I now have a new Allegiance so I don't need the extra speed, I have plenty. I would recomend them over any rubber silencers because they last longer and pay for themselves in the long run.