Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Moving to West Virginia >

Moving to West Virginia

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Moving to West Virginia

Old 05-07-2006, 07:56 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Moving to West Virginia

WV Critter, you never been to Kermit, or Dingus then. Or mud fork

Just kidding your mud forkers. My ex wife is from there. Kinda salty about the joint.

Old 05-08-2006, 02:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

WV critter ,Hey I seen some of the coolest family junk yards in them appalachian mountains.I found a sunbeam tiger behind a outhouse last trip down there near looneyville.And all the stuff hanging up in the trees along rt 16 near Cloe was cool.And i was on many county dirt roads that if tou did not have a 4 wheel drive you would get stuck.One of the roads just dwindled down ro a trail.but it was on the county map as a county road. Your near Summerville Aint ?? Thats the sophisticated high class area ,LOL
Old 05-08-2006, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Greenbrier? You'll be near Lewisburg maybe? Pretty valley country there. My work takes me to Lewisburg, Ft. Springs, Mill Point, Bluefield, Summersville, Princeton, and Beckley. All nice areas. Lots of mountains and wooded areas. From the guys I talk to there are some nice deer and lots of bear as well. Don't know if I'd want to do the dragging that's necessary around there but I've seen some pictures of big bucks.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Being WV born and bred I'll tell that once you get here you won't want to leave. Land's pretty and the people are friendly. Deer population could be better but we still have a few.We have a 3 month archery season, which is nice. Bear population seems to be getting better than the deer is. A lot of good bass and trout fishing where you'll be. If I can help you let me know. Oh yeah "Welcome toALMOST HEAVEN"
Old 05-08-2006, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Watch out for this guy and you will be OK down there.

Just joking..........lol.

It is beautiful down there. A lot of it reminds me of the parts of Vermont I grew up in before the yuppies took over and the farms closed. Except the mountains are not quite as big.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:32 PM

[quote]Tell them you married your cousin. You'll fit right in and they'll leave you alone, pig face or not.

We West Virginian's resent that comment by such an immature fool!

I live in West Virginia and it's a very beautiful state. Coming to West Virginia from Georgia huh? Well expect to take alittle ribbing from the Mountaineers of this state because as you recall our football team (WVU Mountaineers) beat your Georgia Bulldogs last football season in the Sugar Bowl.

As for the deer hunting in the Mounatin State? The hunting has really gone down hill in recent years mainly because of the poor management of our states DNR, the slaughtering of does and no antler restriction has really taken it's toll on the deer herd. Out of the 55 counties in West Virginia, not many have had increases in the last 3-5 years. As for other hunting, including turkey and bear, the hunting is expected to be plentiful to fill your tag(s). Good luck and good hunting.

Old 05-09-2006, 03:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

As a native West Virginian I can tell you that you will love it. If you are married, I'm not so sure about your wife. In many places it's a long drive to get to anywhere and if you are from an urban area that can take some getting used to. I would live there again in a hearbeat but my wife, well, that's another story. But what can you expect? She's a Balti-moron!
Old 05-09-2006, 04:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

LOL Balti-Moron. I know what you mean about the state.But Oh well so they cant go to walmart everyday. Hey 40 miles to a hospital,who cares My death date has been determined anyway by God. Dont matter how close to a hospital I am.Who the hey wants to die in a city anyway.I hope I can lay down next to a mountain stream and fall asleep in Jesus's arms.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:56 AM
Fork Horn

i go down in the summer quite often to shoot bow shoots and visit my cousin, he lives in Anamarara off on katies run road....anyways he works at a convienent store that has an archery shop built into it and an indoor range... he is also a taxidermist, the deer huntings great down there... and yes there isnt nearly as many deer down there now as there has been in the past,,,the herd is gettin low... but it doesnt show all that much, you see WV isn't like here in ohio... we have big farms with corn and such for the deer to feed on in ohio , down there they dont so thats why people say theres a shi* load of deer because u seem them standing in peoples yards feeeding in large herds, there are some record bucks taken every year there but u have to find key spots which is a hard task, and YES THERE ARE HILLS,,, Draggin down hill in the snow is easy,,, i shot a doe this past season and just slid with it down the hill... but uphill is a chore,,,i find that drivin out downed trees and tree tops on top of hills and points tends to be sucessful,, deer just come runnin off of the hill....And yes the sights are amazing down there its beautiful in alot of places in the fall, the people are cool down there they are way more layed back then up here and they just go with the flow, i'm strongly considering moving there once i get out of school and such. and the fishin is very good tooo lots of pike and muskies!
Old 05-09-2006, 01:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Tell them you married your cousin. You'll fit right in and they'll leave you alone, pig face or not.

We West Virginian's resent that comment by such an immature fool!
My my my we are testy today aren't we. Lighten up PSE. You'll live longer. From your statement I take it you wouldn't resent it from a serious older gentleman, only immature fools. I can do serious.

Quick Reply: Moving to West Virginia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.