HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   One of our Own mentioned in Bill Winke's article (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/141578-one-our-own-mentioned-bill-winkes-article.html)

davidmil 05-04-2006 02:19 PM

One of our Own mentioned in Bill Winke's article

Yup, just got my July issue of Peterson Bowhunting. On page 26 Bill is talking about tuning your bow, arrows etc. If you'll looke at the bottom of the page on the right you'll see the highlighted reference to Len Marsh, a.k.a. Len in Maryland. I ask Len what's that all about. He said that several months ago Bill had an article extoling the superiority and superior strength and straightness of carbon arrows. He and Bill were talking at the recent AMO convention. Len told him and showed him his article wasn't a true representation of the facts and physics involved. Evidently, Mr Winke took it to heart and made reference to it in his most recent article. It's nice to see an "Expert" willing to stand corrected and to go as far as to put it in print. I know Lens expertise, abilities and knowledge because I'm around him all the time. I guess the industry does also as he usually is called on to hold a seminar or two at these things. He's continually testing, ask to give his opinion and recommendations on all sorts of products. I know he recently convinced Apple to make a change to their line of bow presses. He had fabricated a couple add ons, sent them drawings and then they ask for his prototypes so they could do true scale drawings and put it into production. He's forever telling all of them what he thinks. Many of them take it well and put in changes. Len is an engineer by schooling and trade. He's forever tinkering.

Anyway, I'm rambling, BUT.... nice to see one of our own mentioned however briefly, by one of the "Experts" of the industry.

turtleshell 05-04-2006 02:38 PM

RE: One of our Own mentioned in Bill Winke's article

I wish I was lucky enough to have someone like that close by to me. To say that there is a lack of good knowledgable bow guys around my parts would be the understatement of the year. If there are I don't know of them. Lucky dog[8D]

cardeer 05-04-2006 02:40 PM

COOL

davidmil 05-04-2006 03:14 PM

Turtleshell: I been at this archery stuff for about 35 years. I know how lucky I am. I'm fixing to find out how the other half lives if, well when, I move. I know my bow will make a trip or two a year to Maryland.:D At such times I'll call ahead and have a substantial supply of arrows made up before I get there. I'm lucky, I'll pass through several times a year going from Atlanta to New York to hunt and fish. So, I'll just plan and give enough advance notice for arrow making etc. Heck, I plan on hunting here some too.:D:D:D;)

Cougar Mag 05-04-2006 03:40 PM

Nice article and must be good to know you have someone who not only has a shop but likes to help others understand different aspects of archery and products when making choices. Much better than some shops that only sells a product.

ButchA 05-04-2006 05:12 PM

Very cool!!! [8D] Len in Maryland has got to be feeling like good for the article. He's now famous! ;)

davidmil 05-04-2006 06:09 PM

NO Butch.... he's still INFAMOUS[8D][8D][8D][8D]

nodog 05-04-2006 07:07 PM

Can't say "cool" so I'll say NEAT!:D

hardcorehunter 05-04-2006 07:16 PM

That's cool

newman1 05-04-2006 07:56 PM

This seemslike ihave seen this somewhere before.Oh yeah my PM to Len[&:]Go figure