Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 One of our Own mentioned in Bill Winke's article >

One of our Own mentioned in Bill Winke's article

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

One of our Own mentioned in Bill Winke's article

Old 05-05-2006, 10:35 AM

Default RE: One of our Own mentioned in Bill Winke's article

I remember the old "fuzzy finger"...
Old 05-05-2006, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: One of our Own mentioned in Bill Winke's article

So now instead of Len being able to explain in detail certain problems in certain areas or products from actually testing things in real life situations trying to share what he finds from his expert hands on testing we the public wanting truthful answers will be denied that VERY helpful information because some companies and their products were called out and proven inferior have stopped him from being able to share with us what he knows?Wow,that is just plain bad for all of us!I feel like a just realized i'm out of toilet paper after the fact![:@][:'(]
Old 05-05-2006, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: One of in Bill Winke's article

ORIGINAL: BerwindaleBoy

Not to slight Len in any way, I'm happy for him. I just wanted to say that I have met and spoken with Bill Winke several times, and he is a stand up fella. A real class act, and boy can the man shoot. It doesn't surprise me he would admit being corrected at all.
I am in completely agreeance with you. Having met, talked with, and even eaten a meal with Bill I have to say he is a very stand up guy. Very down to Earth. Just a guy who loves to hunt, loves to shoot, and loves to do what he does for a living.

Now I just need to meet Davidmil and Len so I can see if the same holds true for them.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Anytime big fella.... any time.[8D] the only difference between us and the "Experts"... we don't have a film crew.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:13 AM

My opinion Bill Winke just went up a couple of notches. He's as good as or better than any of the writers that have to dance around the facts when he is reviewing equipment.

If he keeps going like this for a few years, my opinion of him may get to be as high as my opinion of Len.

Congradulations Len!!
Old 05-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Dominant Buck

If you read that magazine from front to back this month, you'll see that Bill Winke just about wrote the whole thing. All good stuff too. The guy must be under some kind of pressure at deadline time to finish up all those articles without fulling them up with crap. As I said in my original post, nice to see an expert admit an error. He just keeps putting out good stuff.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:56 PM

I think this is the original article that started this thread,it is from the Jan/Feb issue.I have yet to read an issue that Bill did not have 2 or 3technical articles,or hunting stories orgear review articles.Bill is definately my favorite writer and can't wait to get my next issue to read what he say's.The fact that he gave Len the credit he deserves just gives me one morereason to likehim..