Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I feel like giving up bowhunting >

I feel like giving up bowhunting

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I feel like giving up bowhunting

Old 04-30-2006, 03:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default I feel like giving up bowhunting

This is my 5th post about this crap that is going on. When i first started bowhunting 2 years ago i used spitfires and could hit the bulls eye almost every time. Now i use thunderheads(100 grain) and Carbon Express CX350's cut at 27 inches long. I shoot a '03 Bowtech Patriot Single cam set on 65 lbs. and a draw length of 29 inches. My bow was just paper tuned and my arrows fly great up to 20 yards. Then when i go to 25 they are flying half a foot low and a little right. Then one random arrow will hit where i'm aiming. I dont know what in the hell to do that would fix this problem but i shoot everyday and this problem started since i've started using fixed blade broadheads.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:18 PM

Default RE: I feel like giving up bowhunting

Go to your local pro shop.

Talk to the people who work there.

Have them help you. They're going to be able to do more for you in person than we can online.

Simple as that.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:24 PM

Do you have helical fletchings?
Old 04-30-2006, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

Yup, i guess tomorrow i'll go to a pro shop.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

Go to a shop or someone you really trust who is experienced and check things out. One thing about paper tuning...its just a step and an early one at that, towards complete tuning.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:41 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Go to your local pro shop.

Talk to the people who work there.

Have them help you. They're going to be able to do more for you in person than we can online.

Simple as that.
Yea ,washington and cougergot it right. BRING your bow with you and shoot in front of them so that they can see what is going on. DON'T GIVE UP ON BOWHUNTING. I am sure it is something simple.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's not that difficult a problem and you can work through it yourself. There's a lot of info available out there or you can get some from a shop but even then if you don't know what is what you won't know if what you are being told is right. For example I went to a very popular shop yesterday owned and operated by a national bow champion looking for some things. The young man there kept trying to sell meX when I kept asking him for Y. He honestly didn't know the difference.

There's a site out of the UK that I turn to for help. It goes by the name of Alan's archery.

Good luck andjust be patient. Dues mst be paid.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:53 PM

It sounds to me that you have a bow that is not properly tuned..Unfortunately a lot of people think that mechanicals are a cure all for what ailes you.Go to a reputable PRO SHOP and pay to have them citique your form and have them make any adjustments needed to your form.You did not state if you bought the bow from that shop,but any GOOOOD PRO SHOP will help you with your form when buying a bow,especially if it's your first bow,which i am guessing this is.Good luck!!!!
Old 04-30-2006, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

fletching could be it as mentioned... ur story sounds exactly like mine last year... i changed fletching and went to mechanicals and problems solved
Old 04-30-2006, 05:42 PM
Dominant Buck

I use to use thunderheads years ago, and it always seems like Id get a flyer out of every bunch. That was till I started paying more attention to getting my broadheads tuned. I also switched to Muzzy fixed heads and had much better luck. I feel like there are much better fixed heads, Muzzy, slick tricks, ect.. I switched years ago from Thunderheads and have not missed them.In years pastI used both fixed and mechanicals to see which I liked better. As for proformance, mechanicals are easier to tune. And after compairing the effectiveness of both fixed and mechanicals, I see little difference.

Quick Reply: I feel like giving up bowhunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.