Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Good Hanging Treestand >

Good Hanging Treestand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Good Hanging Treestand

Old 04-25-2006, 08:21 AM
Spike

Default RE: Good Hanging Treestand

I'm a fairly large person at 6'4" 230 pounds and the Lone Wolf is lightwieght, quiet, and comfortable. I purchased one 4 years ago and couldn't be happier.I've owned others but I can't imagine them coming out with anything I would be any more satisfied with.

Old 04-25-2006, 08:48 AM

I would have to agree that the King Kong Series treestands by Gorilla are some of the best stands out there. my dad is a big guy and he's been known to sit into one for up to 10 hours straight. Another cool feature is that all new Gorillas come with a lineman style belt which makes setting it up unbelievebly easier. You really get alot for $100.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:55 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah, I will definately be going for the King Kong..sounds like a really good deal for 100 bucks. Is there something you can do to prevent theft though>
Old 04-25-2006, 12:24 PM

i know you can get a cable and lock that is similar to a bike lock at cabelas. they're like $11. Well worth it in my opinion.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Before you buy, email or call Summit and request a 2006 catalog. They have some new hang on stands out this year that look very comfortable. As far as theft goes the only sure fire way is to remove the stand when you leave. Ihad 2 stands stolena couple years back. Both stands were locked to the tree with a steel cable and a large masterlock, both had the bottom 4 steps removed and both were well off the beaten path.I assume they cut the cable and or lock. My point is, if they really want your stand youmight as well kiss it good bye.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

I 6'5"and a bisquit away from 300lbs and the chippewa's are perfect for bigger guys,also all their models are built for the different size hunters,the seat to platform comes in three different heights,also on most or all thier models the platforms can be adjusted (for tree lean)and some the seats do this also. Heres a link to them http://www.chippewawedgeloc.com/
Old 04-26-2006, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buck Slayer, I would hop on over to Menards, Home Depot etc.

Just buy a good cable lock for about 10$

Also, try using screw in steps that just have the bolt in the tree (forgot who makes them), then you can take the first couple steps home with you every night.

This should keep the theft down.. it has for me!
Old 04-26-2006, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I USE A CABLE LOCK ON MINE ONCE I HAVE IT UP WHERE I WANT IT .
I JUST WRAP A CABLE ARUOND THE TREE & THREAD THE CABLE THRU THE STAND & CLIMBING STICK & LOCK IT.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Site Buck Guru

I bought a Lone Wolf Alpha hang on stand last year, it was so great that I bought another one three weeks later. I weigh the same as you and this is absolutely the best stand I've ever been in. It is the most adjustable, quiet, sturdy and comfortable stand I think you'll ever find.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:32 AM

as the last guy said lone wolf cost a little more but it is worth the money if you buy one it will be the last stand you will buy. I bought the alpha hang on and climbing sticks that attatch to the stand tight w/out rattling around making noise. it is buy far the easiest stand i have ever hung up. i can walk in in the dark, put the climbing sticks and stant up if there isn't much trimming in less than 10 min. you can put them in crooked trees, leaning trees as long as it isn't that severe. go to lonewolftreestands.com and check them out.

Quick Reply: Good Hanging Treestand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.