HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   dont ever buy the cabelas cable elite treestand (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/140415-dont-ever-buy-cabelas-cable-elite-treestand.html)

mooseslayer3 04-22-2006 02:59 PM

dont ever buy the cabelas cable elite treestand

i went out today to practise using my treestand when i was about 12 feet up the cable broke that wraps around the tree on the bottom piece of the treestand and if it wasnt for my safety harness i am not sure what would have happened i ended up un hoocking my safety strap from the tree and climbing down the tree iam not to impressed.

davidmil 04-22-2006 03:21 PM

RE: dont ever buy the cabelas cable elite treestand

Shazzaam... a brand new stand going broke. Not good. How much do you weigh?

Rickmur 04-22-2006 04:00 PM

Not good at all. Make sure you contact the appropreiot people. Glad you had a saftey line on even when practicing in your backyard.

mooseslayer3 04-22-2006 05:12 PM

im only 165 pounds

BEARBUSTER66 04-22-2006 05:21 PM

Glad you are not hurt, but get on the horn and let them know what happened may be a problem that affect more people!!!

RWK 04-22-2006 05:51 PM

Moon give them a call right now they have people there 24/7, do'nt take any BS . Rich

ButchA 04-22-2006 06:23 PM

Good God.... [&:] This is a very good reason why EVERYONE should wear a safety harness!!!! Thank God you weren't hurt!! I'd do like the others suggested and call Cabela's and raise holy h&ll....

Paul L Mohr 04-23-2006 09:43 AM

I wouldn't blame it on cabela's alone. They simply sell products made by other people. Even if their name is on it, it is still made by a major manufacturer. It sucks, and I am glad you were not hurt, but crap happens man. Especially with this sort of stuff. It's not really the safest hobby in the world you know. If you took a normal sane person and showed them that contraption and told them to climb a tree with it they would look at you like you were retarded.

I had one for two years and sold it. Never had a problem with it, and as far as I know neither has the guy I sold it to.

Get with cabela's and let them know what happened for sure. They have excellent customer service and I am sure they would like to know what happened. I think you should have done that before coming here (if you didn't already).

Again, glad your ok. I lost my bottom platform before once because my feet slipped out of it.

Paul

DaveC 04-23-2006 03:16 PM

Is it one of those "made in china" jobs??

never trusted those myself......

davidmil 04-23-2006 03:39 PM

I wouldn't accept a replacement. Tell them you want your money back or credit towards something better. THere's probably a reason they're half what any other climber is.