Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 dont ever buy the cabelas cable elite treestand >

dont ever buy the cabelas cable elite treestand

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

dont ever buy the cabelas cable elite treestand

Old 04-23-2006, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: dont ever buy the cabelas cable elite treestand

I can just about guarentee you that Cabelas will make it right. As Paul Mohr said , Cabelas just puts their name on it, but I will bet that it is made one of the bigger named stand companies. They really do need to know it so that they can let the manufacturer know. There may be a bad batch of stands that are out there that need to be recalled before someone does get hurt or even worse. Be sure and let them know right away. Cabelas are great about taking care of their customers. I buy about 98% of my stuff from them. man, thank the Lord that you weren't hurt. Another example of the importance of a saftey harness. Be sure and let us know the outcome of all of this.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its good to hear you not hurt thats the most inportant thing. I too know that Cabelas will make it good. Proff has some good advice to follow, they need to know about it because this could prevent someone else being hurt orkilled.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

I wouldn't blame it on cabela's alone. They simply sell products made by other people. Even if their name is on it, it is still made by a major manufacturer. It sucks, and I am glad you were not hurt, but crap happens man. Especially with this sort of stuff. It's not really the safest hobby in the world you know. If you took a normal sane person and showed them that contraption and told them to climb a tree with it they would look at you like you were retarded.

I had one for two years and sold it. Never had a problem with it, and as far as I know neither has the guy I sold it to.

Get with cabela's and let them know what happened for sure. They have excellent customer service and I am sure they would like to know what happened. I think you should have done that before coming here (if you didn't already).

Again, glad your ok. I lost my bottom platform before once because my feet slipped out of it.

Paul
Idisagree, Cabela's put there name on it. They should make sure the quailty is there. I am glad you are ok, spen the extra cash on a summit or lonewolf. Made in America!!
Old 04-24-2006, 09:51 AM
Dominant Buck

One busted cable indicates a defective unit , not neccessarily a defective product line . Cabela's has top shelf customer service , raise hell with them .
Old 04-24-2006, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

But did you get a good deal on the stand??? he he he.... Sorry, couldn't resist!
Old 04-24-2006, 03:00 PM

I thought I would chime in a lil here. first I'm glad your ok. Second as to the importance of a safety harness (and I will admit i have been guilty of not weargin one all the time).......I have been an ER nurse for about 8 years. So far I've seen, I think 9 injuries that caused afractured neck or back. Out of that 9, 5 were falls from tree stands while hunting, the others were car accidents....makes you think.......
Old 04-24-2006, 05:10 PM

Glad to hear you're not injured. If I were you I would contact the maker of the stand, let them know the problem and then get a refund and use it to buy a "SUMMIT" treestand. I own a SUMMIT and so do most of my huntin' buddies and we all swear by them.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:02 AM

thank god you had that harness on.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:34 AM
Typical Buck

you won't have to raise hell with them to get it refunded/replaced. cabelas customer service is top shelf and they will go out of their way to help you. so long as you weren't using the stand inappropriatly they will make it right!
Old 04-25-2006, 07:38 AM
Fork Horn

safety first is always good

Quick Reply: dont ever buy the cabelas cable elite treestand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.