Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunting squirrel >

Bowhunting squirrel

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting squirrel

Old 04-23-2006, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BLUNTS for small game

A bunch of us went squirrel hunting with longbows this past January--that was the most fun I had hunting in years and didn't even bag anything(had alot of close misses,tho).I'm actually looking forward to small game season this year.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:53 PM
Fork Horn

I've hunted squirrel with my compound bow before. It's not hard but not easy either, very challenging. The hunt will most likely let you know how much you know your bow. I used aluminum arrows with a star points, if that star hits them they're likely finish, punches big holes. Great hunting times with families and friends will do it again this fall.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:21 PM

I like to shoot squirrels while sitting in my deer stand, I keep a few field points with me.I've hit them @ 20yrds and whilethey do appear to be tough,I find rabbits much more heartier animals.For these I use old broad heads and even after almost cutting them in half they still manage to wiggle up off the arrow and run 15 yrds or so.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowhunting squirrel

Hey Bull

I like shooting squrrel's with my bow, It's easyer in a treestand becuase you really don't lose your arrow's.
But when I'm in my ground blind it's just as much fun thou I'll agree with DYNTEC those broadheads do cut them up pretty good.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:08 PM

I work on ground squirrels with the compound and the recurve during the summer months for extra challenge. I take my practice, cheap arrows and put on judo points, blungeons or just plain field points. Fun, and as I said, challenging.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:50 AM
swanny evans

I shot one last deer season with an expandable broadhead at 20 yards. That exapndable definately did the trick lol.

Old 04-25-2006, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

i did it once for fun with a special tip and missed 4 out of 5 squirrels it is challenging but easier when they stand still......be prepared to lose arrows
Old 04-25-2006, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just watch out for the shoulder blade - they're tough!
Old 04-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Fork Horn

I have bowhunted for them before I have never gotten one. I always carry a judo point for them. I have how ever done some serious chipmunk hunting with a bow and that is alot of fun me and my friend made a video of it over the summer. But now there are no more chipmunks by my house.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:38 PM
Spike

I can't believe you would shoot a squirrel and just leave it. For gawds sake, the damn thing is somebody's baby boy/girl.

Just havin some fun with ya. Follow the link below to the discussion on AT. Some kid shoots a squirrel and tells the story as if he was being attacked. I thought he was kinda funny! Poor kid is getting hacked to death by some self-righteous, high on the soap box types. This discussion and those folks are two entirely differrent ends of the spectrum.

link:http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=319498

Quick Reply: Bowhunting squirrel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.