Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How do you tune a broadhead? >

How do you tune a broadhead?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do you tune a broadhead?

Old 04-16-2006, 03:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default How do you tune a broadhead?

Well I went to Sportmens Warehouse last night to get my bow tuned. Its shooting perfect bullet holes and i can hit practically hit an asprin from 20 yards with my field tips. Then when i put on broadheads the same crap keeps on happening. I tried the two blade magnus stinger, thunderhead, and a montec and they are all shooting about 4-5 inches high and 4-5 inches right. Can ya'll please help before i pull my hair out?
Old 04-16-2006, 05:08 PM
Spike

Default RE: How do you tune a @#$% broadhead?

If you truly do have your bow tuned well for field points, then I would suggest that you go to www.slicktrick.net and order some broadheads. When I got mine, Gary told me that if I liked them to send a check to him and if not to send them back. He may not always do business quite that way, but he will refund your money without any questions if you aren't satisfied. I had shot several heads, including Thunderheads as the last one and had gotten some mechanicals because I had the same problem you do. I put on a Slick Trick and it hit right in the center of my field point group all of the way to 50 yards. My son, and my shooting partner had the same results with them.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very good chance you have the wrong spine arrows.
A perfectly tuned bow will not shoot the wrong spine with broad heads the same as field points.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:49 PM

Check your arrow spine... it changes sometimes when you put your broadheads on, your basically adding lenth to your arrow.turn your bow down a couple of turns to see if your results change...
Old 04-16-2006, 07:51 PM

hey if you are using strait fletching put a helical on them it worked for me!!!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2006, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot goldtip pro hunter 5575. Should i go with the 7590?
Old 04-16-2006, 08:32 PM
Dominant Buck

We need lots more info... like draw weight, lenght of arrow, draw length, broadhead weight etc etc etc. Are the broadheads grouping? Your bow is NOT in tune. Group tune if they broadheads group.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the tip Cubdriver "www.slicktrick.net."I've been looking for some good boadheads.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:42 PM
Typical Buck

I would agree with davidmil. I don't think your bows tuned. I have shot the G5's and T-Heads and they group tight with the fieldtips, especially the G5's. Before I got my bow tuned all the way they both were flying left and down. What type of rest are you using?
Old 04-17-2006, 12:56 AM

Try removing a blade ?!? Something tells me that may not be the answer you are looking for. I'm with the rest of the guys, check everything else over on your bow to see if it is where it needs to be. I would guess there is something adjusted improperly causing your problem. Are your blades lined up with your feathers/vanes? If all else fails let me know, I'll invent a broadhead tuner, sell millions of them, quit my job and just hunt and make posts on here so I can become a *&$%(! SPIKE. I'm tired of being a FAWN!

Quick Reply: How do you tune a broadhead?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.