HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Making bag targets....Any Suggestions (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/139774-making-bag-targets-any-suggestions.html)

SCDeerSlayer 04-15-2006 09:10 PM

Making bag targets....Any Suggestions

[hr]

I am going to be making some field point bag targets. My plan is to use some old sheets, torn up t-shirts, old rags, and some shredded pillow stuffing. I am going to compress it really tight and put it inside some burlap that I am going to sew to make bags out of. I was thinking about 2ft by 2ft. Do you think that is big enough. Once I get the first one made and test it out i will be making some to sell so if you want one let me know. Give me a little time to test it out first though. I will let you know about prices later. All suggestions and thoughts welcome.
Thanks
Robbie[/align]

HYDE 04-19-2006 09:57 AM

RE: Making bag targets....Any Suggestions

I have made my own bag targets as well. I have used the same burlap sack, and stuffed it with plastic/shrink wrap from our local costco store/sams club. Those big box/discount stores have tons of the stuff they are willing to get rid of free of cost. I just pulled up to the back and loaded up the truck, went home stuffed the burlap, sewed it up and ready to shoot. It works very well. I shoot 280+ fps, and the arrows only sink about 6" max. The best bag I have shot. I stuffed the whole sack and just sewed up the top. It's nice because of the larger size, many different places to shoot with multiple people without destroying each others arrows.

Hyde

Trembow 04-19-2006 10:06 AM

I think someone could make a pretty penny just making the bags at an affordable price.

Make a bag with grommets, some sort of closing method and a target face that the customer can stuff themselves. Include some instructions on what to use for stuffing and how to stuff them. Maybe also find an inexpensive way to make a wire bracket too?

It would be inexpensive to manufacture, cheap to ship and simple to store.

That's must my 1.6 cents (after taxes that is).

SW Iowa Hunter 04-25-2006 01:07 PM

If you look at places like Lancaster archery and ect. You can find replacement covers for only about 12 bucks. I buy those and stuff them with shrink wrap or plastic like you put on your windows. The replacement covers are not only cheaper but don't cost as much to ship because they are not heavy.

Don K 04-25-2006 08:02 PM

I have a farmer friend that gave me a awesome target bag. This bag is huge 4ft byt 4ft and was used for bean seeds to be delivered to farmers. You can get these at FS dealers that supply farmers and I was told they throw them away. Your not going to be moving this thing around much but I set it up in my yard and it stays there just like a target butt. I got plastic from a local factory that makes plastic packaging and they where also throwing it away. From there I painted circles (you could paint or tape anything you want on there) and it stops arrows great. By buddy has shot his thousands of times in the last 4 years and its shown little wear. All plastic nothing rots, and you have 4 sides to use if one gets too shot up. Total cost for this target is about 2 hours of my time.

drstalker 04-25-2006 08:09 PM

I repaired one with a tarp that only ccost 4 or five bucks heres a pic .

idahoelkinstructor 04-26-2006 12:17 AM

drstalker, I like the cart you made for you targets cool idea.

drstalker 04-26-2006 04:39 AM

Thank's IDahoelk..I built it a few weeks weeks ago to get the targets off the ground,and to make chroning my bows easier,and to keep my dogs from getting to them so easy.I had another idea for building one, but after brainstorming a while ,I came up with this idea.

hardcorehunter 04-27-2006 02:50 PM

Cool drstalker..... Bag targets are cheap and work awesome so I don't understand the need to make one. You can make a good one by filling a burlap bag with grocery store plastic bags.Pack them in there tight and they work great. Stay away from bed sheets and cloth materials. Hard to pull arrows out of and would get wet.

lte_622 04-27-2006 08:36 PM

That's must my 1.6 cents (after taxes that is).
LOL