Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Which deer would you rather hunt? >

Which deer would you rather hunt?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
whitetail
77.27%
mule
19.70%
Blacktail
3.03%
Couse
0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Which deer would you rather hunt?

Old 04-15-2006, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which deer would you rather hunt?

I wish I lived closer to muley country, none-the-less I voted for Muleys. Nothing beats spot an stalk muley action!
Old 04-15-2006, 03:39 PM
Spike

Only the ever elusive WHITE TAIL in my regeon, but would like to try the other as well
Old 04-15-2006, 04:27 PM
Typical Buck

Nothing like a whitetail. Coues wouuld be an interesting and challenging hunt from what I've heard but mulies are dumber than a box of rocks.
Old 04-15-2006, 06:13 PM
Fork Horn

Whitetails, but one of these days i want to hunt Sitka Blacktails.
Old 04-15-2006, 06:36 PM

Not to offend, but to me, sitting in a tree all day hoping something comes along is not what I would even call hunting.
Hunting is all about pusuing your animal by spotting, and stalking your quarry in such a manner as to bring yourself into shooting range. Bow, gun, whatever. Therefore, mulies by far.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:51 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: game4lunch

Not to offend, but to me, sitting in a tree all day hoping something comes along is not what I would even call hunting.
Hunting is all about pusuing your animal by spotting, and stalking your quarry in such a manner as to bring yourself into shooting range. Bow, gun, whatever. Therefore, mulies by far.

Having enough knowledge acquired through painstaking relentless scouting soas to be able to strategically ambush an unsuspecting wily old mature whitetail buck in his living room while remaining completely anonymous by sight, sound, or smell is about a tough a "hunting" challenge as one can attain. You seem to know little if nothing as to what you are talking about. No doubt that stalking a mulie in open terrain to a position close enough to get a shot is a tall order, however it requires that you must SEE the deer first and then stalk it. With whitetail bucks, at least where I hunt, you never get a chance to see the animal until it is under your stand so you must know the animal inside and out and try to think one step ahead of them. I hunt their sign and they avoid mine. They have every advantage and can disappear to never be seen again. I sure wish it was as easy as slapping a stand up and sitting there until all the deer come running in so I can shoot them. Please.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Although I've had NO experience with any deer other than whitetail,I'd love to try a Muley hunt next to whitetail.

nubo
Old 04-16-2006, 07:13 AM

I'm in whitetail country- so I wan't what I don't have! Love going out west to hunt Muley's just one more pref point in CO !!
Old 04-16-2006, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

WHITETAILS,wouldent have it any other way
Old 04-16-2006, 10:17 AM
Typical Buck

whitetails are my life ...

Quick Reply: Which deer would you rather hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.