Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Which is better? >

Which is better?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which is better?

Old 04-15-2006, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Which is better?

Pass-through completely or to have the arrow stuck in as the deer runs. The only deer I ever shot w/archery equipment ran away w/ my arrow, he ran 80-90 yds and fell over stone dead. The problem I had w/ that shot was it was a little far back. I could here him grunt as he smashed through the heavy bush that I hunt, and I thought I heard him crash. I waited 30min beforeclimbing down my stand and walking to where he was hit. My heart sunk...... no blood, I left him alone fo about 2.5hrrs and went in.This deer went at least 50yds w/outa single drop of blood spilling..... then it was a constant stream that any fool could follow. I was elated my first deer w/ a bow. But what can I learn from this experience?I am assuming that when you get a pass through the blood starts almost immeddiatly or does it? SOme of my hunting friends say that its better to have the deer run w/your arrow sothat more damage is done as they run through the brush as my deer did, but its almost a guarantee that your shaft isn't going to be used again? ANy thoughts to help the new guy?
Old 04-15-2006, 09:19 AM

Default RE: Which is better?

I like the double lung pass through shot , I seem to get a great blood trail with that shot and it gets better the farther the animal travels!(not that they go very far!)
Old 04-15-2006, 11:06 AM
Typical Buck

Double lung Ive had the blood sprayed on trees and brush 5 -6 ft
off the groundjust as if you done it with a spray paint can.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:22 PM

just like everyone else the double lung pass thru shot .the deer that i have double lunged havent gone very far i have seen some drop right in site of me .
Old 04-15-2006, 12:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

I always want a pass thru....2 holes. For me it's always better.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

If the arrow is placed in the boiler room, I don't think it's going to make much difference. You'll find your deer and he won't be that far away.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:36 PM
Spike

The through an through is better. Far better blood trail, nd yes it's almost instant and usually a blind man could follow it. Iv'e had both and definatley want the pass through..

short blood trail means dinner stars sooner