Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tribute and Next generation Muzzy Zero Effect >

Tribute and Next generation Muzzy Zero Effect

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tribute and Next generation Muzzy Zero Effect

Old 04-09-2006, 09:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Tribute and Next generation Muzzy Zero Effect

What can I say, the new "Next Generation Muzzy Zero Effect" may be the best rest I have had the privilege of using!

The flawless performance of the MZE even with the ultra short cable slide travel of the Tribute is remarkable. The MZE's launcher armhad more travel then I expected it would and dropped plenty fast enough even with the arrow traveling 310+ FPS.

The rest is relatively light and its action is repeative perfection as the launcher arms pickup / drop is controlled via the bows cables upon draw and release.

I suggest anyone searching for a new drop away to take a serious look at Muzzy's newest offering. They ( The Next Generation's) are a step above the MZE's of the past.

(These pics are taken at brace)

Old 04-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tribute and Next generation Muzzy Zero Effect

Did you have to drill into the cable slide block to attach it? I went and picked up my Tribute just to see, and I can't tell how you've "tied into" that part...

Wait a minute; I scrolled back up... that'sa completely new cable slide. Never mind, I figured it out.

Glad to see it's working so well for you!
Old 04-10-2006, 05:56 AM

yeah, i'll either be getting one of those for the patriot or going with prongs this year. i believe i'm done with anything with a cord. i've just decided its not a good idea to have something tugging on something else.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think I will be trying one of these as well on my next hunting bow.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good information Buckeye....
Old 04-10-2006, 10:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Buckeye,
I've always been a fan of the Zero Effect and used them for a few years but bailed with the pain in the butt tuning and jerry rigging to get it to JUST work with the parallel limb, short slide travel bows I've been using.

What makes this one any different than the other "regular" version?

I see the overdraw has been removed (which I did anyway) but what allows it to have the necessary leverage to work properly? From outward appearances it looks the same?

Does it get the launcher up to the rest mounting hole height and then down below shelf level?

I'd like to use one again on at least one of my bows but want to understand it a little better.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Buckeye,
I've always been a fan of the Zero Effect and used them for a few years but bailed with the pain in the butt tuning and jerry rigging to get it to JUST work with the parallel limb, short slide travel bows I've been using.

What makes this one any different than the other "regular" version?

I see the overdraw has been removed (which I did anyway) but what allows it to have the necessary leverage to work properly? From outward appearances it looks the same?

Does it get the launcher up to the rest mounting hole height and then down below shelf level?

I'd like to use one again on at least one of my bows but want to understand it a little better.
Matt -

While I have not hands on seen or played with one, I know they have a specific model in this new line up that is made exclusively for short ata - parallel limb bows. I read quite a bit about it before it was released over on the "other" site. I am pretty sure that this is what Buckeye has on his tribute.....they were claiming that this new model will eliminate all the problems associated w/ the short cable slide travel parallel limb bows. I will probably be selling the dropzone I have to get my hands on one of these in the next few days.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have one waiting to try on my Patriot as we speak. I'm just tired of hassling with the VBG Ultimate fall away. I never could get total clearance with it no matter how hard I tried.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:04 PM

Just my 2 cents but I think Muzzy just needs to stick to making broadheads. I've seen that rest before in catologs and thought it was the stupidest looking thing that I've even seen, too bulky and weird. I don't know because I don't own one and probably never will but Muzzy broadheads are tops on my list.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:10 PM

doesn't matter what it looks like

Quick Reply: Tribute and Next generation Muzzy Zero Effect

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.