Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tribute and Next generation Muzzy Zero Effect >

Tribute and Next generation Muzzy Zero Effect

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tribute and Next generation Muzzy Zero Effect

Old 04-10-2006, 06:18 PM

Default RE: Tribute and Next generation Muzzy Zero Effect

True.........I told you it was just my 2 cents. lol Good luck with it and I hope you get the monster of your life. Good hunting and be safe.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:07 PM

shoulda said i agree about the looks, but there are just way too many people i hold in high regard that use that rest, and swear by it.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:17 AM
Typical Buck

It does look the same as the other muzzy rests,maybe the attachment block is a bit different,and it looks like the cable slide block is a different material than the others but the same rest.An excelent rest BTW.PSEmuzzy,These rest's are the real deal,they may look funny to you,but what compound bow doesn't?Try one sometime ,and if it is set up correctly on your bow,I would bet you would never try another.They are also extreamly simple to set up and tune.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:05 AM

I just installed one on my Hoyt last night. Can't wait to tune it in. I'm so excited, no more cords for me.......
Old 04-11-2006, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

What makes this one any different than the other "regular" version?

I see the overdraw has been removed (which I did anyway) but what allows it to have the necessary leverage to work properly? From outward appearances it looks the same?

Does it get the launcher up to the rest mounting hole height and then down below shelf level?

I'd like to use one again on at least one of my bows but want to understand it a little better.

The rest feels lighter to me to start with. Also, as you mentioned they removed the useless overdraw.

The new pivot arm is shorter as well compared to the old one. I believe it allows for more movement within the 1 1/4" of cable slide movement of the Tribute because the pivot arm is on a greater angle downward then the old ones allowing more lift in such a short stroke.

On the Tribute you have to use the second hole in on the pivot arm to get the lift you need. There is no thirdhole like the old MZE.

Yes, it will go above the mounting hole and drop below the top of the shelf if you have your "stop screw" turned almost all the way out on the pivot arm.

I have mine set up for the center of my arrow to be inline with the center of the mounting screw.

[/align]
Old 04-11-2006, 08:22 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: PSEMuzzy

Just my 2 cents but I think Muzzy just needs to stick to making broadheads. I've seen that rest before in catologs and thought it was the stupidest looking thing that I've even seen, too bulky and weird. I don't know because I don't own one and probably never will but Muzzy broadheads are tops on my list.
All I can say is the Zero effects is the best rest I have ever used. Ive tried pretty much all of them, or a version of most all of them and have yet to find one better than a Zero effects.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:19 AM

Thanks Buckeye - I was thinking of the next Gen. for my next setup. Your recommend. and others all have had about the same to say about it. The less the arrow has to do with the rest the better.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:09 PM
Typical Buck

PSEMuzzy, I used to think the same thing. When I first saw the ZE I thought it looked really odd and figured that it was too complicated and had too much stuff to go wrong. Then I read more about it and heard the great luck guys had with it, and how relatively easy it was to set up and tune, so I thought what the heck and tried one. That was about7 years ago. My Outback is the 3rd bow of mine that wears one and probably will always be on my bows. I know that alot of new ones have come out since I bought my first one, but I just can't change. Looks are deceiving!!
Old 04-11-2006, 03:13 PM

I guess looks are deceiving. By the sound of all these others I'm definately sold on it I guess. Going to ask around at the next bow shoot for someone who is using one if I could take a closer look and if I like what I see, I just might try one out. Currently using the Whisker Biscuit and I'm usually a guy from the old school, if it's not broke why fix it....Thanks guys.