Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BowTech Pros and Cons >

BowTech Pros and Cons

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BowTech Pros and Cons

Old 04-06-2006, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BowTech Pros and Cons

ORIGINAL: Dougk

The bows feel great at the draw-and shoot fast..

however they have cam lean and limb twist..and that is a serious concern..
Last night one of the guys I shoot with shot a 450 on a vegas face w/ 42X's in the lane next to me, I also shot my best round yet......all on bowtechs. Both of these bows have what you are describing as "cam lean", but somehow the arrow hits the same spot every time when you do your part. His bow has probably 10,000 shots on it and mine has a few too and neither of them show any signs of bearing wear, etc..............so I don't worry about it. I am on my 4th one now and none of them had any issues at all.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm unable to comment about the 'cons' in the USA, but here in Canada, I would say a 'con' would be the un-availability of warranty replacements parts at most of BowTech dealerships. It seems for us here in Canada,it is much easier to get replacement limbs,etc for a BowTech bow from the USA, than it is to get it here--as it takes quitea long time.
BowTech should INSIST that the dealers herecarry some amount of spares for their bows OR at least have the ability to get these partsin a 'reasonable' amount of time. I feel too much emphasis is focued on 'selling new bows' and very littlenotice is given to the unfortunate guys who've got to wait, sometimes months, to have their bows repaired.
I would honestly love to see more attention given to the availability and thereplacement of parts for their bows here in Southern Ontario--in my view, this is a burning problem. JMHO.
On the other hand, like one of the mods mentioned, the pros are many.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm unable to comment about the 'cons' in the USA, but here in Canada, I would say a 'con' would be the un-availability of warranty replacements parts at most of BowTech dealerships. It seems for us here in Canada, it is much easier to get replacement limbs,etc for a BowTech bow from the USA, than it is to get it here--as it takes quite a long time.
BowTech should INSIST that the dealers here carry some amount of spares for their bows OR at least have the ability to get these parts in a 'reasonable' amount of time. I feel too much emphasis is focued on 'selling new bows' and very little notice is given to the unfortunate guys who've got to wait, sometimes months, to have their bows repaired.
I would honestly love to see more attention given to the availability and the replacement of parts for their bows here in Southern Ontario--in my view, this is a burning problem. JMHO.
On the other hand, like one of the mods mentioned, the pros are many.
I agree. What Bowtech has to do is deal directly with the proshops when repairs and warranty work are necessary. The whole process of having to go through a distributor might make business sense for selling new product but only seriously slows everything down on repair work. Its just another step. I know what particular bow you are probably talking about and quite frankly I would have switched to another brand except for the fact that the other regional wholesaler that reps Hoyt and Mathews is everybit as slow from what some shops have told me. I was considering a Switchback and was quoted 8 weeks delivery which in the real world we unfortunately know can mean 16 weeks or more
Old 04-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

tribute: smooth draw (with smooth mods) relatively fast, no hand shock

Equalizer: very fast, smooth draw, relatively no hand shock

basically either way you go you'll be set. If you're a smaller framed guy I'd say go with the equalizer.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Terry, the bow you're thinking about I was only recently madeaware of.

I also had the same problem with my Liberty in 2004, I waited for 'MONTHS' until I called BowTech myself and end up PAYING for a new set of limbs just to get my bow shooting again--I NEVER got my limbs replaced on warranty--not up to today.
And would you believe, I went back with BowTech again in 2005 and 2006--and now again in 2006 yet another unfortunate guy is experiencing the same thing I'd gone thru---NOTHING HAS CHANGED or seems like!!
Sad!!
Something needs to be properly and finally addressed and you sure do make a good point there. Let the dealers arrange directly with BowTech warranty replacements parts--as we've got too many cooks spoiling the broth.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ampa,
I think you're too nice a guy here. If I had been screwed like that I would have started with a registered letter to the President of Bowtech explaining what my next step would have been and believe me they would not have wanted that. The internet is an extremely powerful tool today and I'm sure they monitor it to some extent. Personally I have had nothing but good luck and service so far. My Equalizer was in in less than a week from order and any questions I sent to customer service was always handled very quickly. I'm on my third Bowtech and have had no problems whatsoever. My buddy on the other hand ( and you know the situation ) is being jerked around by somebody, not quite sure exactly who that is but I have my theories.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:17 AM

Pros & cons....first have you shot the bows? One of them has to feel better to shoot. Have you compaired them to other bows from other companies? If so which one feels the best to shoot, is the Bowtechs the best feeling out of all of them? Which one meets your style of hunting the best? With that said I think most falls into the group "you love them or hate them". I think Bowtech has some pros such as nice camo, nice grips, good speeds, good warranty. They also have some cons (what bow dosn't?).The one thing I am not a big fan of is the lack of a yoke system. I have seen a few with bad cam lean and a yoke would have been an easy solution. I also think you either love the way they feel whenthey shoot or you do not. I personally like the feel of other bows better but thats just me. Bowtech makes a great product even though I am not totally sold on the Binary Cam yet. Don't get me wrong it feels good and shoots good but my expereince with it is somewhat limited plus I really like the feel of a solocam still. I do like the hybrid cam systems and my next bow will more than likely have one.

Old 04-07-2006, 10:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Pro - They have a great resell value
Pro - I do not shoot one anymore
Con - right into buying one!
Old 04-07-2006, 11:21 AM
Fork Horn

I can't think of any cons w/ my mighty mite. I love it. But am looking hard at a new allegence : )
Old 04-07-2006, 03:48 PM

I met a BowTech dealer at aUnited Bowhunters of New Jersey meeting. I know there are a lot of good bow dealers around but he inspired a lot of confidence so I went to see him. Up to that point I was going to buy a Matthews Switchback XT and was measured by a Matthews dealer and told I had a 26.5" draw. Today I went to seethe BowTech dealerand was measured with a 27.75" draw. I ordered a BowTech Tribute with the smooth mods and all the bows and whistles I need. Bow felt great and very quiet. Can't wait to get it.

Quick Reply: BowTech Pros and Cons

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.