Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BowTech Pros and Cons >

BowTech Pros and Cons

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BowTech Pros and Cons

Old 04-06-2006, 03:33 PM

Default BowTech Pros and Cons

I thinking of getting a new BowTech, either the Tribute or Equalizer. Any pros or cons?
Old 04-06-2006, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BowTech Pros and Cons

What is your draw length, how much weight to you plan to draw, and what do you want to use the bow for primarily? Do you shoot competitively,if so what type of competition? Would it be a hunting and backyard only hunting bow?
Old 04-06-2006, 05:02 PM

My draw length is 26.5", 50 lbs. deer hunting mostly from a tree stand.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:47 PM
Spike

The bows feel great at the draw-and shoot fast..

however they have cam lean and limb twist..and that is a serious concern..
Old 04-06-2006, 06:24 PM
bigcountry

Probably get more advise in the gear review section. Not really a technical question about tuning or setup.

Note: The Gear Review Forum is suppose to be used for reviewing gear that you have used or purchase and not for asking bowhunting/technical questions. This thread is better suited for the Bowhunting forum and that's why it was moved here/there.

Old 04-06-2006, 06:27 PM

I never heard that Dougk. Can you elaborate on that? Also explain on Bowtech cam lean and limb twist.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Dougk

The bows feel great at the draw-and shoot fast..

however they have cam lean and limb twist..and that is a serious concern..
The cam lean and limb twist is new to me as well, and I have 2 bowtech bows (05-06 allegiance), and don't have any problems at all. Very fast, very quiet bows. I've had PSE and Mathews. I like the Bowtech, that is my choice.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

The supposed cam lean/limb twist is very isolated and rare. It should not be a concern especially in the 06 models as it was address and remedied. Therefore, there is no "con" to owning a Bowtech except that you won't want to put it down....

Pros...too many to list...but I particular like and went with the Allegiance. With your limited draw length and poundage, you'll get significantly more speed/KE etc from the Allegiance but you will be very pleased with the Tribute and from what I understand even more out of the Equalizer.

Old 04-06-2006, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

This supposed "cam lean" has been discussed ad nauseum before... If you don't believe me, take a couple hours to read the thread behind the link: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=920436&mpage=1
Old 04-06-2006, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mate Mike

My draw length is 26.5", 50 lbs. deer hunting mostly from a tree stand.
If you are 26.5", and it is a hunting bow only right now, I would have a tribute w/ smooth mods. I don't think for hunting only you would need the extra fps out of a equalizer, and the extra forgiveness of a tribute plus the smooth mods are going to make it a pleasure to pull back when it is cold out and you have been sitting all day. You can add fast mods and still be pretty quick if you ever get into 3D, and you still have a bit more brace height if you hunt with a jacket.

Quick Reply: BowTech Pros and Cons

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.