Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Quivers

Old 04-06-2006, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Quivers

When I bought my new Mathews I didn't buy a quiver for it because I coulden't make up my mind if I wanted a regular bow quiver or a side or belt quiver and here it is months latter and still haven't been able to make up my mind. I have always used a one piece bow quiver while hunting. I always use a tree stand and take my quiver off and hang it on the tree. So my question to you guys is what kind do you think I should get and why. Since I can't make up my own mind I figure this is the place to ask and get the best advice. Mike
Old 04-06-2006, 08:06 AM
G5

Default RE: Quivers

Mike,
I posted this same question awhile back and had hell of time getting any advise.After all the research was done i decidedto be done with a removable quiver an go with thebushmaster quiver i found on 3riversarchery.comits shoulder strap style quiver that covers the fletchings. My reason for this choice of quiver was that when still hunting it wont get caught up like the hip quiver will, covers my fletchings, i shoot feathers and really like that feature. It has a cool design with a rotary deal for the arrows, the arrows are easily accessable and i simply like the idea of not having a quiver on my bow, there are many other reasons i have came up with to justify buying a new quiver but it really comes down to personal prefference. I have not yet been in the woods with this quiver but turkey season opens this saturday, ill know thenif it was worth money . anyways i dont know if this helped out at all but good luck with finding what you want and good hunting
Old 04-06-2006, 01:28 PM

I think youwould do fine to use a high quality quiver like the model Mathews makes for your bow or the ones made by Trophy Ridge & Fuse. All are rock solid & work great. They are the 3 best models on the market in my opinion. Another option is using a good hipo quiver like those made by Thunderhorn or Sellway and there is always the CatQuivers which have a proven track record. Truthfully only you can really decide on what works best for you, a good pro shop will let you try a few models out in the store & then you may be able to make up your mind.

Old 04-06-2006, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will try and get pics up tonight of the quiver system I use on my backpack. It works awesome....I basically stole the idea fromMichael Waddell. I modified a mounting bracket for a kwikee quiver and mounted it to the thick padded waist strap on the pack I carry with me when hunting. I also have a bracket on my bow, and another that screws into the tree. When walking in the woods it is on my waist, when climbing the tree and pulling the bow up into the tree I leave it on the bow, and once settled into my tree I attach it to the bracket on the tree. It works awesome. I have fits with balance on these short ATA bows these days when a quiver and arrows are mounted on them which is why I don't like to shoot the bow this way if I can avoid it. I think the whole setup cost me around $35 as well.....pretty cheap.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, mine isnt a Mathews, I want to say it is a Kwikee quiver or similar. The bracket mounts on the bow, and you push a red lever type button and the quiver slides off, or you can slide it on and lock it for walking in to stand and then take it off. Again, I am in IRaq so I cant grab the bow but I bet if you try Kwikee and others you can find one that works.[8D]
Old 04-09-2006, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

alpine soft-loc. easiest,quietest quiver on the market today.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, I am going to be a little different.

I use the Mathews 2 pc quiver. I couldn't imagine using anything else. The quiver and arrows hug the bow so close that I don't think that it throws off the balance at all. I shoot with my quiver on all year long, so it never throws off my shot whether I am walking to my stand or sitting in my stand.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just went from the Alpine soft lock to the Mathews 2 piece. Cant really tell any difference. I think the 2 pice is a bit heavier than the Alpine.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:24 AM

My vote is for the Alpine Soft-loc too! It sucks up vibration, is adjustable, and quiet- good luck, another touchy subject with lots of choices!
Old 04-09-2006, 11:26 AM

I love my Kwikee quivers. I tried the Mathews quivers, but they were too heavy to me. I use the Kwikee 6 arrow when I am tree hunting, and the 3 arrow model on stalks, and ground blind hunts.

Quick Reply: Quivers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.