Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 bowtech/pse patent infringement. >

bowtech/pse patent infringement.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bowtech/pse patent infringement.

Old 04-04-2006, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default bowtech/pse patent infringement.

anybody know what the patent infringement was about. I was just curious as to what the dispute was actually over.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: bowtech/pse patent infringement.

I have seensome rumors on the net but haven't seen or heard anything concrete from anyone credible.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know but I'm glad that Pete is finely leaving Matt Mcphearson alone and is now copying Bowtech.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

oh thanks

Old 04-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't heard a peep about any such lawsuit, and I would think that if there was such a thing I would have heard about it from the inside.........not saying it's not possible, I know PSE holds quite a few patents only that I haven't heard anything like that other than the usual rumors thrown around (usually "over there" on the other site).

I do find it interesting that the ones who claim such suits never have any details.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

I haven't heard a peep about any such lawsuit, and I would think that if there was such a thing I would have heard about it from the inside.........not saying it's not possible, I know PSE holds quite a few patents only that I haven't heard anything like that other than the usual rumors thrown around (usually "over there" on the other site).

I do find it interesting that the ones who claim such suits never have any details.

never has any details? And you're a moderator....come on dude, I wouldn't just make it up. I just want to know what the supposed infringement was...this is straight from an article on huntingnet

April 4, 2006

Precision Shooting Equipment, Inc. of Tucson, Arizona, and Extreme Technologies, Inc., dba BowTech, of Eugene, Oregon, announce that they have resolved a patent infringement dispute that was being litigated in the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona. The legal action was entitled "Precision Shooting Equipment, Inc. v. Extreme Technologies, Inc., d/b/a BowTech", and was assigned Case No. CIV02-319-TUC-FRZ (BPV).

All claims and counterclaims asserted in such legal action are being dismissed with prejudice, and the parties have cross-licensed each other under selected patents. The remaining terms and conditions of the settlement are confidential.

This agreement settles a dispute over the viability and/or infringement issues of both companies' patents while opening the door to the sharing of future technologies. Both BowTech and PSE look forward to the future and the opportunities that a working relationship can bring.

"PSE's contribution to archery is well documented and they share BowTech's commitment toward the continued innovation and technological advancement of our sport", stated John Strasheim, CEO and President of BowTech, "we are pleased to have reached an agreement allowing both company's to continue in that quest."

BowTech manufacturers and distributes the world’s finest compound bows and archery equipment. Founded in 1999, BowTech’s corporate offices and manufacturing facilities are located on the outskirts of Eugene, Oregon. Today, BowTech divisions include WaterDog Surface Technologies formed in February 2004 and Diamond Archery acquired in September 2004.

Old 04-05-2006, 06:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

never has any details? And you're a moderator....come on dude, I wouldn't just make it up. I just want to know what the supposed infringement was...this is straight from an article on huntingnet
I think Matt was referring to someone bringing this up over on "the other site" and not here. Your intent seems genuine enough.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was referring to me not hearing anything about it......see believe it or not I'm not on here 24hrs a day. I have a full time job that I must attend to and if something isn't relayed to me directly then I'm not always going to see it.

Who said that you made anything up?
The "Details" I was talking about does refer to the blank statements usually made "elsewhere" as Frank mentioned.

Sounds like whatever the details of the suits were facing both PSE and Bowtech that both sides have decided to come to a working agreement on cross licensing. PSE had something Bowtech wanted and Bowtech had something PSE wanted and rather than fight over it, they are going to share technology and it's end of story. No biggie.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry, I read wrong. My bad. I geta bit defensive sometimes.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

A bowtech guy defensive , no I do not believe it!!!!.

Google it and you will find something on it.
Some folks look stuff up and do the work themselves, others ask for it or copy it.
Yes the last line was a shot, but meant to be funny.

Quick Reply: bowtech/pse patent infringement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.