Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 NAME YOUR FAV. HUNTING VIDEOS >

NAME YOUR FAV. HUNTING VIDEOS

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NAME YOUR FAV. HUNTING VIDEOS

Old 04-07-2006, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NAME YOUR FAV. HUNTING VIDEOS

Oh man, I'm a hunting video/tv show junkie so there's a lot of them.

When I was but a wee lad I grew up on the Wensel videos - I can't even tell you how many times I watched Bowhunting October Whitetails I and II. Anyone else remember Rick Blase shooting an Oneida Eagle? Or the first time they illustrated a deer ducking an arrow and getting hit in the spine? Or the cornfield stalking tips?

Back in the day I used to watch Monarchs of Albertaa lot too. It was all gun hunts but there were some monsters shot in that video. I used to watch a lot of Roger Raglin's stuff too - back when I didnt' know any better.

Nowadays I'm really partial to the Drury Outdoors stuff. It's been amazing to watch their transition from good hunters to great hunters and land managers. Go back and watch Monster Bucks 1 and see how genuinely excited Mark was to shoot his biggest buck to date - about a 140" 10 pointer with a couple stickers. Then watch through the years as they hunt all over IL,WI, and Iowa and slowly but surely start gravitating away from the areas that weren't producing quality deer on a consitant basis. Now they're rarely if ever hunt in IL and concentrate on their own farms in Iowa and Missouri. To me its an impressive testament to their desire to succeed and their evolution of becoming true trophy deer hunters. The same goes for the Kisky's and Jay Gregory as well. They all got their start with the Drury boys and now are doing much the same.

I'm also a fan of the Primos vids purely because they make me laugh. Those guys have a good time when they go hunting and you can see it. Realtree puts out some good stuff as well. Roadtrips is a solid show that's entertaining. Gettin' Close is another favorite - not just because Tiffany is hot but because they have some great hunting experiences and have fun doing it. One of the coolest things I've seen lately is the crossing over of people between shows. Its no longer uncommon to see Waddel in an Archer's Choice show when they're sharing a camp or see Nick Mundt from Roadtrips doing camera work on Gettin' Close.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the one thing that really irks me in a lot of these shows is shot placement. Last year's HS Primetime Bucks 9 had some of the worst shot angles and placement I have ever seen on video and it disgusted me. Shooting deer in the neck, head on, quartering into, severely quartering away - you name it. We all make bad decisions but if I was dumb enough to make one on film I surely wouldn't want to show the rest of the world and then try to pass it off as a good shot.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:53 PM

I love the beyond adrenaline dvd by Pat Lefemine from stickbow.com. awsome video. he took3 shots at a grizzly with his Palmer recurve. 1st shot was high. 2nd in the boiler room 3rd in the neck heart at about 8 feet. he must have gonads of brass. Also the traditional harvest series out of 3rivers is great also.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know - Pat's DVD about put me to sleep. A lot of ridiculous music and scenery and not enough hunting. The grizzly hunt was cool, but other than that I could've done without watching it.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:13 AM

i liked pats video .justin u sound like me watchin all those old videos .i loved them man .now i can add ken moodys and double bulls vids to i like em they are great to watch .
Old 04-08-2006, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kisky's, Drury's, Lakosky's, and Justin from Huntingnet are my favorite!
Old 04-08-2006, 07:56 PM

I enjoyed Vision Quest , and any of the Traditional Adventures videos with Bill langer.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:40 PM

It would have to be Angry Spike Productions Season 2005: Roosevelt Elk

www.angryspike.com
Old 04-12-2006, 08:48 PM

Bowhunting October Whitetails
Fred Bear's original videos
Instructional series with Rick Blase, Gene Biddelsbocker (?), Wentzel brothers
The original PSE videos with Pete shepley

Today the Real Tree monster buck videos and the Drury outdoors series are the best.

Just my opinion

Boy am I getting old !
Old 04-13-2006, 12:30 PM

Sheep Hunting the Alaska Range DVD would have to be my favorite....since i am the guy who made it. It is a brand new video just released it has 3 Hunts to collect 4 rams and gives good insight into the type of terrain a bow hunter can expect even though these Dall rams are killed with rifles.

www.muldoonvideo.com
[email protected]
Old 04-13-2006, 05:57 PM

All of these recommendations are great! We have many of them already in our library and are adding more all the time. This really helps!

Quick Reply: NAME YOUR FAV. HUNTING VIDEOS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.