HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Hog Hunting Trip w/ pics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/138106-hog-hunting-trip-w-pics.html)

MO_Bowhnter 03-29-2006 04:11 PM

Hog Hunting Trip w/ pics

Here are the pics from our trip to Texas last weekend. 9 of us got 10 hogs. They ranged in size from 54 lbs to 445 lbs. We had a great time.

Me and my friends pigs. Mine is the smaller one of the left.[X(]

This is my bigger pig the second day...weighed 115 lbs.

121553 03-29-2006 04:41 PM

RE: Hog Hunting Trip w/ pics

Alright, good job, but I know there's more to the story than that. What about cost and the actual hunt? And don't leave nothing out. ;)

Bobby

MO_Bowhnter 03-29-2006 04:53 PM

Ok well here's a full story on both hunts.

The first pig was taken Friday night. Had several groups of pigs coming in throughout the afternoon but none that presented a decent shot. About 6:15 a group of 5 nice size hogs came in. They stood out about 25 yds but it seemed a little farther as it was getting kinda dark. My first shot I missed over the back of a nice 125 lb hog. They ran off but one circled back around to about 15 yds. I hit him pretty good and he ran about 60 yds.

The second hog was taken on saturday night. Me and my friend hunted a buddy stand with the intent to get some video footage. After talking for a few minutes when we first sat down, we decided to instead try to get a double as they usually come in in bigger groups. About the same time, around 6:30 about 25 little hogs under 25 lbs came in and started eating. About 6 nicer sized hogs were hanging back in the brush. As they started to make there way in, I got ready. They worked towards us, stopping every 5 steps or so and looking around. Finally they got in and started eating. I drew and heart shot the biggest one in the bunch at 15 yds. She ran about 30 yds. My friend didn't get a chance to make it a double because there was not another hog quite big enough that he wanted to take.

Equipment
Bowtech Liberty
Gold Tip XT hunters
Magnus Stingers

Those stingers sure put a hurting on them pigs. It was my first time using them and I think they will be in my quiver next fall.

There you go guys a full story of each hunt.;)

live2hunt009 03-29-2006 05:33 PM

Sounds Awesome great job.

Shootstuff4570 03-29-2006 07:19 PM

another horrible job.............:eek::D;)

Xtec Shooter 03-29-2006 07:23 PM

Great work fellas.

mobow 03-29-2006 07:25 PM

ATTA BOY!!! That's a good lookin rig you got there as well. Love the arrows!! Wrapped w/ Blazers, you gotta love it!!

Congrats on a great trip. Looks like a lot of fun. Here's to many, many more!

Rob/PA Bowyer 03-29-2006 08:59 PM

That's some good eatin there...congrats.

cardeer 03-30-2006 02:20 AM

Way to go

Rick James 03-30-2006 06:05 AM

Very cool......