Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 aftermarket STS type systems >

aftermarket STS type systems

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

aftermarket STS type systems

Old 03-24-2006, 09:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default aftermarket STS type systems

The STS system looks like it works. And afterall, FUNCTION before FORM. However, this looks similar to the string stops on the Mathews bows(functionality anyways) or the String stop on teh FredBear SQ32(mounts to the cable guard). Differences being in mounting location. I especially like the mathews version as far as aesthetics and even the bear version.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket string deadener/stop that mounts to the cableguard or limbs???
Old 03-24-2006, 09:39 PM

Default RE: aftermarket STS type systems

bow guy i know sells em, well preaches there word so to speak. and i can tell the difference on bows he has with em, but they are pricy
Old 03-25-2006, 11:27 AM

Elite's E-Suppressor looks way better that the STS.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:01 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Were can i get some info on these systems. Rich
Old 03-25-2006, 12:33 PM

Send STSman a PM .Not sure if Elite is gonna sell theirs aftermarket[&:]
Old 03-26-2006, 07:34 AM

These systems work well. They do make a difference in the "after the shot" feel of the bow.
However I wonder about the abrubt "stop" of the string as it makes contact with the STS.
Now, let me say, I have an STS onmy Switchback XT so I'm not bashing it. But I'm still a bit leary of it after seeing some hig speed cam footage of a bow being shot with ans STS on it.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:23 PM

I have been watching these for a while, actually Saunders Archery made this type of product years ago but they just never caught on. Here is a picture

I am not sure how well they really work, I have a Mathews with the string supressors & it does work fairly good at keeping the strings queit. I don't think it needs string silencers at all. I am sure the STS and the other products work ok, someday I will have to try one but I just feel they are over priced for what they are.

Old 04-06-2006, 04:48 PM

I bought a Bear TRX when the SHOCK STOP system was first being used. I loved it and thought it was an excellent idea and worked very well. They just couldn't get the material down right though. I broke like 3 of them before I just gave up on it.

I have been debating an STS system for awhile but the string wear at the contact point doesn't thrill me and I hear people say the bow makes a "smacking" sound when it slaps the STS stopper.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

The STS system looks good but I agree about the "slapping" and string wear. They look like a half-fix. 2 steps forward 1 step back kinda thing. I'm thinking I like the mathews style better. any know of an aftermarket version similar to matthews?
Old 04-07-2006, 12:07 PM

The facts are the facts! Once you've seen the slow motion footage of what occurs during the shot, you'll be running out to get an STS of your own. I can honestly say I shoot a Mathews Outback, with their string suppressors and a Bowtech Allegiance with an STS, and I even went to the extent of installing an STS on the Outback! It works that well!! Try one on your set-up, then remove it and shoot again without, more than likely, you'll put it back on for good!!!

Quick Reply: aftermarket STS type systems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.