Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 03-18-2006, 05:09 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-18-2006, 06:18 PM
Spike

Default RE: BowTech Allegiance questions??????

i also have a switchback XT and was on the fence between a alligence and hoyt trykon finally settled on the mathews
Old 03-18-2006, 06:42 PM

I bought a 06 Allegiance a week ago. I am no expert but a lot of the guys in my club that are much much more experienced than me all say that Bowtech's technology is far superior to Mathews. They all shoot Bowtech.

The shop owner where I bought mine told me that when the binary cam system came out Mathews vice president was heard to say "I wish we would have thought of that" while noticably preturbed.

Also the same shop owner sells Mathews, he is an accomplished target shooter and hunter and can afford several of any brand bow he desires. He shoots an 06 Allegiance.

Not trying to disrespect Mathews, I based my desision on trusted opinions from experienced archers and how the Bows felt when I shot them.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't consider myself a "Bowtech guy" as of yet, I consider myself a Hoyt guy who bought his first Bowtech.

I've had an Allegiance home now for about a week myself after shooting Hoyt and for Hoyt for 10 years now. I wanted a change and I had my mind set on a Switchback. I wanted the Switchback to impress me so much that I was going to get one. I went to a local shop and shot the Switchback and was impressed and always will be. I then shot the Tyrkon and the Allegiance and bought the Trykon, 2 days later I put it back and ordered the Allegiance. You can read more here. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1421735

1. The Allegiance and the Tribute were the first Bowtechs I've ever shot other than Matt/PA's 2 years ago...I was impressed then. That being said, I've never shot the bow without the noise suppressors but I can only venture to say that it would still be quiet and hand shock free. A bow can only be so quiet regardless. I don't however feel there are too many suppressors on the bow, I feel they are tasteful, even cool and I know some on this site that have more on their current bows regardless of manuf..right Frank?

2. Again, being a novice on Bowtech however like you mentioned, dual, single or binary...in time tweaking might be a necessity.

3. I won't even comment, I'm not a fan of the Muzzy rest so I haven't played with it. I ordered and have the Trophy Taker Pronghorn.

4. I've put about 150 arrows through this bow this far, nothing but impressed at this time. This bow was the fastest of the Trykon, Switchback and Tribute. The Switchback was slightly nicer to draw but probably why it was the slowest. It didn't have the stored energys of the others making it smoother to draw.

Is the Allegiance a better bow than the Switchback, absolutely not, it is however different and holds more KE between the two with identical set ups.

That's what I've found up to this point. Plus it's awful pretty, see here:
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1465280
Old 03-18-2006, 09:00 PM
Site Buck Guru

I was a High Country Shooter for 7 years and still own 4 of them. I went to a place today and shot the Trycon, Switchback xt and the Allegience. The draw of the Trycon right at the end, was like driving a truck off of a cliff. That put it at #3 on my list. I still don't know which of the other two is #1 on my list. They both shot smooth and fast. The Switchback was the most shock free of the bunch, but slower. However, it still generates more than enough speed for hunting. For me it's more about being smooth and quiet during the draw cycle while being able to shoot a hunting arrow at 275 fps, my prefered speed. Therefore before I shell out 700 plus dollars on a new bow, I'll have to do more testing.To be quite honest, I still think that my HCA max force dual cam feels the best.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:00 PM

I will say this becausei honestly do not care what anybody says,Bowtech has enough speed engineered intothe bows that they produce that even if the strings are fully loaded they will produce excellent speeds.As far as timing issues i don't really think this is even a discussion.I bought my 2005 Allegiance in Feb. of 2005 and shot this bow well over 1,000 times and have not had any "timing " issues.As most are aware ihave had other issues that can and has happend to "ALL" bows at some point or another, and has been graciously been taken care of by Bowtech and my well respected Pro Shop!!!!As far as the MZE on the allegiance i ave had "zero "problems!!!
Old 03-18-2006, 11:27 PM
Typical Buck

I ordered a Bowtech Tribute. I really didn't think I would like it, becuase all my buddies are matthews guys. I shot theswitchback and the tribute. I was amazed at how quiet it was and how shock free it was in my hand. I can tell you that while I was shooting it, some guys came into the shop and they couldn't believe that the sound of the arrow thumping the target was louder than the string noise of the shot. I asked one of them to shoot it while I listened out front. Sure enough, a quiet thrap and then a louder thump. It sold me on it. I was also impressed with the guarantee given by the shop owner. He told me if I had anything go wrong with the bow, just bring it back and they'd have it fixed......period. I've always shot PSE before and was lucky enough to kill several deer with them. I won't knock them in any way...nor would I knock any bow they're all way better than the old Bear bow I started with.

As far as the binary cam system...I don't se how it can't be better than anything that we've had before. They're not actually attached to the limbs at all, so it shouldn't have timing issues. I'm not an expert though, so take my opinion and a dollar and you can buy a cup of coffee.

GH
Old 03-19-2006, 04:51 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-19-2006, 06:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Todd, I just read through the entire catalog again and it said nothing about the strings and cables....Anyone?

Old 03-19-2006, 06:51 AM

bowtech makes their own strings, and i believe still farm out some of the work for the camo bows to another very respected company that is not WC. i'm not sure if the person from bowtech who told mewhich company itwas did it in confidence or not, so i'm not going to say. all i'll say is the company does fine work, and most anyone would be veryhappy with one of their strings, including me (though i would have to jazz up my bow a bit from the standard tan/od green).

for noise, the mathews has string suppressors installed on the bow instead of on the string.they also seriously fatten the cable for the same reason (its true, me and a customer proved it, at least to us). nothing wrong with this, and nothing a leech won't solve on a normal sized cable.

i've shot next to switchbacks, and was extremely impressed with the lack of noise indoors. if its quiet inside, its quiet.

the binaries have a lot of advantages, but so do single cams in my opinion. its just going to be what you like.

i'd have no problem at all taking either of those bows in the woods with complete confidence.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.